026 rollomatic E Chain type

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoagiDog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my ability in trying to acquire an aggressive chain thru Amazon. Old full chisel was cared for and a beast. (Two part question) I see there are some brands that compete
well, based on Project Farm’s videos ,,(errr(?) enough so with Oregon:
Upstart&8ten....but am not sure why full chisel always lists 66 link when my bar is requiring 67. Am I missing something? The former chain of 8 years, full chisel, “ bit it “ at a root job that was paying well.

66 drive links in .325 is what is common for a called length of 16" in the non Stihl world. 56,64,66,72,78 are what to expect for laminated bars with sprocket noses. Echo might also deviate from that array of sizes.

I don't do Amazon but note that Walmart is like you state 67dl in 0.063 is a semi, micro, or champher chisel. Not sure the word full is necessary for describing a cutter with a square corner.

I know it is a pain to type in a bunch of information when one wants to just point and click with some place that has your info on file.

Here is 68 drive links of what I think you want at Walmart. My guess this is for the smaller bar Stihl saws hence called 18" There are two lengths of .325 chains for a called length in Stihlville where the lengths overlap.
Stihl 18" 26RS Chainsaw Chain Loop (.325 x .063) 68 Drive Links, 26RS68 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

The Stihl shop probably has a roll of rs chain to make loops and rm3 in boxes.

Stihl 026 w/0.325" pitch and "16 bar calls for 67 drivers.
Anything marked "full chisel" should fit the bill. Have a look on Oregons website, they show all their chains and differences. Something you can see and look at when picking your chain.

Attachments

• 16078707029306346155025985249001.jpg
    16078707029306346155025985249001.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
If the former chain lasted 8 years, just go to stihl dealer for a 67 DL loop of 26 RS, if you'll do dirty wood get the same in 26 RM. Stihl dealer should stock both chains if the are worth a lick.

Save your old chain for next time your stumping. Might take some work, but a chain will cut OK until the cutters break off if you know how to sharpen.

66 drive links in .325 is what is common for a called length of 16" in the non Stihl world. 56,64,66,72,78 are what to expect for laminated bars with sprocket noses. Echo might also deviate from that array of sizes.

I don't do Amazon but note that Walmart is like you state 67dl in 0.063 is a semi, micro, or champher chisel. Not sure the word full is necessary for describing a cutter with a square corner.

I know it is a pain to type in a bunch of information when one wants to just point and click with some place that has your info on file.

Here is 68 drive links of what I think you want at Walmart. My guess this is for the smaller bar Stihl saws hence called 18" There are two lengths of .325 chains for a called length in Stihlville where the lengths overlap.
Stihl 18" 26RS Chainsaw Chain Loop (.325 x .063) 68 Drive Links, 26RS68 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

The Stihl shop probably has a roll of rs chain to make loops and rm3 in boxes.
Thank you

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my ability in trying to acquire an aggressive chain thru Amazon. Old full chisel was cared for and a beast. (Two part question) I see there are some brands that compete
well, based on Project Farm’s videos ,,(errr(?) enough so with Oregon:
Upstart&8ten....but am not sure why full chisel always lists 66 link when my bar is requiring 67. Am I missing something? The former chain of 8 years, full chisel, “ bit it “ at a root job that was paying well.
Also try the chainsaw section of the equipment forums below.

Latest posts

Back