028 AV Super WoodBoss eq - oiler problem, service manual??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000. Nah, just kidding. It was $20 and it wasn't running, it had a crack in the fuel line which they didn't find and just sold it to me as non-running. I guess they thought it had a more serious problem. I got the other two at a more reasonable (for them) price but still not bad. I'm not really trying to sell any of the Husqvarna saws right now, already sold my 357XP and 359, both pretty good runners also.
I'm moving to southern Indiana where I can buy a non-running Husky 353 for $20. That's enough for me to find a new dwelling in the state where I was born. Brown County, here I come.

I'm moving to southern Indiana where I can buy a non-running Husky 353 for $20. That's enough for me to find a new dwelling in the state where I was born. Brown County, here I come.
Brown County, been there several times, beautiful place. I actually bought the 353 in Vincennes a few years ago. I've used it sparingly since I bought it since I sell a few saws I use them to try them out on my little wood cutting jobs and saved back a few good saws for the time when I eventually quit selling. There's been a lot of good saws around here fairly cheap but maybe needing a little repair, that's the kind I like to buy.

Seems 8 -10 of these 028`s have found their way into my collection, WB`s,AV`s and Supers. I liked them for their reliability but never use them any more since I got into porting 026`s. The 028`s are very reliable solid saws but they are painfully slow compared to modded 026`s and the 026 is so much more lighter and nimble.

Ever look at the 44 cc jug? That port configuration doesn't look like it flows for crap. I just got a good used one to defile....Ahahahaaaaaa !!! We shall see! I want more air flow! ✔️✌️

I do both 44 and 44.7mm 026-MS260 jugs, you are on the right track with those jugs. There is a lot that can be done with them.[/QUOTE

Are all the part numbers in a manual that's available? How much info and insight on the porting can I squeeze ...I mean (please) out of ya? ✌️

I've done about a half dozen husky 350's and I know these saws don't spin that speed but the torque can jump. I got them both new 16 inch Sugi .325 .50 roller nose bars for $20 per on eBay (right now). I need to find the correct chain length but other wise... I think a great deal? That case is just beautiful in your hands. One had a piston failure and as I was hand polishing off the aluminum transfer I could feel the quality of those beautifully coated and superior quality cylinder walls! I'd have to imagine I should be on the lookout for a 46 jug and plug as that would pull more then a 16" I'd assume? It's 20-25% more powerful in you experience, correct? Thanks for the
Nudge I'm gonna get some time in on one of those two tonight!

If you are thinking about porting 028`s I really can`t help you out there as I don`t think they have the capability to get the gains I look for in a chainsaw. The 028 is most happy as a lower revving torque saw with too many old design features like the sprocket driven oiler that would strip out much easier at higher RPM. The 026 is a much better candidate for porting, they can easily run 1,500 - 2000 rpm faster than stock and not stress them extensively.

gottcha! As a stocker that .325 16" is gonna be pretty easy draggin'... I reckon.... I freaked out when I popped off the jug and saw the piston skirt condition and hit my buddy's eBay store for a jug and piston he had laying around. Old jug plating looks better with a polish then my 350's! I'm gonna open the in and out and just make sure everything's eased and see what I get ... I already blew the fifty so I got an extra jug to grind on... Who knows I might become the most awesome 028 porter in the lower 48! I'm sure that's in high demand I'm wondering how different the replacement jug is or if it's just a clone??? I'm a jackazz, I bought an 034 because I had a great 036 top end assembly... and now I gotta buy another one ...because with a new ring the 034 with its 25" skip setup is running great! I think the first step is admitting that you have the addiction!!!✌️

I wasn't too crazy about my 034 to 036 conversion because I had to use the air filter and air filter cover from the 034 rather than the new 036 plastic I bought for it. Added to that the air filter cover on the 034 doesn't want to stay locked down for some reason. I could have used the 036 stuff but it would require longer carb studs plus changing the tank vent or changing the rear handle.

I wasn't too crazy about my 034 to 036 conversion because I had to use the air filter and air filter cover from the 034 rather than the new 036 plastic I bought for it. Added to that the air filter cover on the 034 doesn't want to stay locked down for some reason. I could have used the 036 stuff but it would require longer carb studs plus changing the tank vent or changing the rear handle.

Good to know! Might be better off waiting on a smoked 036...then?

I figured I'd probably crack the plastic if I swapped carburetor studs..the tank vent would be an easy work around but if I left it on the air filter would hit it because it's wider than the 034 filter. I may eventually still attempt it, not sure yet. I like the way the 036 filter cover hooks on compared to the 034.

The best part about the 028`s in general was their reliability and long life in general. I could cut all the wood I will cut from now til I can no longer start a saw all with the 028`s but what fun would that be....LOL

My nicest 028, I don`t run this one as I have many more that are not quite this nice.

J3MxyQmV9YamlzPZBtk7RQV2eBgUaok1_P1S5I4inhryqAVshvM6eAnb_ElF8sQDf2mnYH1cTjMHOwlBAZhwFD0icd0rOekd4bRll9AxgDjal-n67Z26q6mMIaB2h5oZ9MIbu-twbgL-oYQXaiO0Cbw7Jxs5E7Y49MqEB6pLgrf-D7x6d41wxaNwRvnGFmT2lB_lfOyOrWg93kYQVsCTr1TP31olJ1Fm4XaGo9t5dxc7Q_Aot-nyjHBl_JJu7C7kl5hDSQX-s89MC2czy5nlTRLrnkzUhopTEqX0mQTOHXZucZ7MpDJDbEG5FR1IxRWtcuXMoTlgcwZD3NaApUKsZfl7g7xksKixTQnka5yqxFSTQeBYLVmoToIFuKBo4YetDYfFDD-7i7DGOnlkpDXx1dffXCDH0ll_BkezWF4Qp1DSlAE_eDkVvNn01_d2kuk7q-U3p1_NHJs53obqkjJuvyjRq7HKXNc-BSb6Y8DI7-tQzgIcHAefWPAhy9z2ctBTb8zQ8CClXLU7lH3V6GA8Ti1KgTwscPtLBx7wOHDzhXtxSWBGLQzJMevH6gDMBzFsPZq8CcO-67qqo_JS9CnZNxS5Bw=w1743-h978-no

Friggin' Beautiful Saw!!! Wow!

Back home...

Yes, Harley, the pin was present and tight, no slop. Note: when I am holding the assembled pump in my hand (out of the saw), rotating the worm gear sprocket indeed turns the piston as it should.

So now... if the loose plug in the end of the pump body (part #13 in the right side page of Harley's image) should be snug and tight and not leaking, what sort of adhesive should I use to glue/cement the plug in its hole (assuming I have nice, chemically clean surfaces, of course) ? I don't want to impede smooth rotation of the piston, but I believe this plug should actually plug the hole.

~Allen

Would you forward me that manual?

Thanks, that is a very low hour saw, I have a bunch of them, lost count at 8 - 10 runners and a bunch of parts saws.

sFulZ_iXnYV1nfe0U5LdW9yFmnSNFH3OZZFbfteY8pQRBCjclPqOgK9WTiH_vWzn4tNs6F7Jb_35ptaqK7fiQZmN_Na8efONhMvR26uoxP9YGGdhR7A1_qChRiFNs-TbBd-PDRXSXVvFo1crWHkAcHJxed02IsYNmhFstGyzRmwzEBismXsHL8GR-q1QJBSGrYVADe0VA4HYJFp_oN6BmbRCpO4HPOgL1EfjZd9hasOeT0FxfjW0I3kL_D0xudFdZa9opuWkpqu_Wid2metbzOvZzASyVFt-Q53sRBz4JDgZvX0StOaEKBhGvN4Z0tJn9oToS2hnyguzskDjnAfGtCytDA9oOpWfwIQiw1U57SN3ESilkY_0t8XN1EAnL_kGIEBddawHvwVtNpBeMh-frtScvAscaj5XSoI0YJudThY1542ZW5GW0AtYfhwrbUS47evERC4pbug5sJSCizZgtvnz8iNgb7kr4PT9xnXifl1siNOl7ZdcmK53Y7GAFvop071GLTj4ioR8jM_j6Fad-8rjNsXjXKvGfbC5F67xTYIx1hYBH4HlaPv1BRiTs8mPd56Zj4ogaZ3QUNlLHqpujIEMzg=w1743-h978-no

t-zrrUR0v9uEpS9w0Jl3Cs1sn3EJL9lINm7_jkRqN7YWTFTKNSVA6G2Vp09FYp9vx_zhLhyLJ_jcUuQlg9nSCCAl-gQAlEDeXVIL27j_htFuXlXvMLIs8Bf2khS1p-g505RiQ7gOmqwwdNETBEps6lCNCUk6xEYOBk1KwP9xJutJN4dMWfEULR4kY5aX958eVewOjTb46lUJBAetUN1bD2acidQa44FvN2b3r5D0aGJOufnwZGJJAIpN0d1glJQqbYyXUW9ZdPUavxMCCFrxDZeL-qECE49ZuI3MuaVMdqzeWSERi-9RWIZx60f7zx1qnVJ53Es24GH6fcr0Hif4UM6uoBNJoFgrqc3hYpHqy9f0NxuTDoy2LoKV6qkuW-_42L17DoTH6EVy9kVAfpbhxpcXY4Oh9WHq1NCytPveY31Y9f88V_B8ythckFXFuCt1Nlvp8nhfKvphU5FjXAcHozFxSx3NxuOUTkVaCqWHKksSV8GdRUGXQcPbao2WTiJgNMkrUOwCHpWJiR_R7Jarmi9Z1GhBG2Fbb57XBfEPyfBgmpRGITuN33uCvXHer7BtnCo76kgWf6IQsI2E5f12AmZaIw=w1743-h978-no

Yes, just glorious! It's brand new! I'm really in love with the quality ...heft of these guys! I'm excited to get them rebuilt and cutting wood. I don't know if they're the saw I'll grab but I like the way they feel! I use the 391 a lot... Or I grab a little hyped up husky 36. I have a combi on the trailer now so it does a ton of little cuts... I like to limb with it so I save my back! It's great to have the reach....✔️

Latest posts

Back