028 super porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the exhaust could come up some. How much did you take off the band? Did you advance the timing? Being a small saw it’s use will probably be more for limbing than anything else. Rpms are good for that. I think I’m going to try 103/123/76

If i remember i cut the band .023 and yes i did a timing advance. You should leave your transfers lower and then move them up. Im curious to see if its better with them down lower

I won’t be spending that much time on this saw. I’ll still be at a 20 degree blown down.

Finished mine. 102/23/76 went fairly conservative on the ports. Seems very peppy. Comp feels good. I’ll run it tomorrow

Cuts decent. Case compression would be better. Which is crazy since I only took the lip off the lower transfers. I had it too rich in this video. Leaned out both the low and high and it picked up some. Limbing with it it’s lightning fast. Snappy as well. That’s a 20” bar buried.

Looking all the ported supers on YouTube suggest both our saws are in the same ball park. Good little saw but nothing to get real excited about

Latest posts

Back