028 surging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up an old 028 and got it running but it would rev up a lot. I assumed the seals were leaking. I decided to take it apart and take a look. The flywheel side came apart easy but the clutch didn't want to budge. I ended up using I'm impact screw gun and it screwed off easily. Unfortunately this is what I see 20190105_152903.jpg
Shouldn't there be a seal on top? What do I do next? Do I need to replace the bearing?

After reading your replies I respected and now see the seal. I was assuming there would be more rubber/plastic visible. Maybe I should have cleaned it before posting

Surging might be the wrong terminology. It revs up to full throttle and then occasionally over revs, after the cut quite often. I've cleaned the carb a few timeand replaced lines, but I still have the issue. For $10 I think I should just swap them. On another not would I gain anything by removing the base gasket? Should I be able to with out issues?

Back