034 AV Sagging.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Lilli

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I picked up an 034. so far I’ve fixed a couple hidden issues with it and it seems sound. I plan on upgrading it to a super with piston/cyl/cab/muffler and then have it ported. I have been running it a Little in current condition. Looks like some one replace the piston cylinder already. Anyway, I tuned it pretty rich and, in the cut, it seems to sag. I’m thinking an air Leak some where But not sure.

lIke I said, I’ve tuned it pretty rich so, it shouldn’t be leaning out due to lack of fuel in tuning. I figure if I have an air problem to sort it out now before the new cylinder and piston arrive.
any suggestions.

I'm not familiar with the term "sagging". An air leak will make a saw race, but a clog in the fuel system could do it too.

Sagging. When the saw sounds like it’s just losing power. Not pulling and rpms drop slightly even if you lighten the load on the saw. An air leak would make it lean over heat some, and I’m thinking that, in the cut, if it gets lean, it would lose power and sag if the air leak were severe enough. But what else could it be?

Bad carb diaphragms, collapsing fuel line, screen in carb plugged, spark plug gap wrong, bad plug, loose wire or worn wire from the coil, wrong gap on the coil to magnet. Plugged muffler screen, bad tank vent, loose bolts holding carb, plugged air filter, wrong adjustment on carb, meetering height in carb wrong, choke butterfly closing, partially scored piston, carbon buildup on exhaust port, leaking seals or head gasket, loose cylinder bolts. If this was easy everyone would do it without having to ask us here. SAGGING

T
Bad carb diaphragms, collapsing fuel line, screen in carb plugged, spark plug gap wrong, bad plug, loose wire or worn wire from the coil, wrong gap on the coil to magnet. Plugged muffler screen, bad tank vent, loose bolts holding carb, plugged air filter, wrong adjustment on carb, meetering height in carb wrong, choke butterfly closing, partially scored piston, carbon buildup on exhaust port, leaking seals or head gasket, loose cylinder bolts. If this was easy everyone would do it without having to ask us here. SAGGING
Thanks. Can’t tell whether your being sarcastic or not but, thanks the same. I’ve ruled out piston scoring, muffler, and a couple others but, thanks the same.

sagging, bogging, Mitsubishi itchy *****, it’s all the same to me.

You forgot loose clamp on the manifold and what oil mix is he running.:laughing:

Just trashed my fuel and remixed a batch. 93 octane + octane boost, Motul 800 2T factory line road, 50:1
just to be safe. Fuel line and filter are clear. its got good compression. Plug looks new. There’s excessive carbon on the the top of the piston but I did richen it up a bit on the last bit of running.

Well it is like this. Fist post you say you are running it rich. Then you got it going by richening it up. Now it runs good. You see I have a tendency to believe a guy knows of which he speaks and try to help based on that. If you give false information then I have trouble helping. Now do you get it?o_O

Well, I’m my my first post I’m describing that The saw is bogging as some would say. I mentioned I did richen it a little bit. Later, a few people mentioned a push up bra. Then I described how I changed the fuel and it seemed to run better. Some one posted in French to which I repeated the later sans changing fuel.
so, it seems as though changing the fuel was the best solution.

Latest posts

Back