036 Pro Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nominate mine. Rebuilt with an 036 top end, this saw does not need a decomp valve, starts and cuts perfectly. I ran it the other day and it noodle cut big logs in half once again. It's a pleasure to use:
Stihl 034--036.jpgIf someone offered me $350 for it shipped, I doubt I would accept the offer. A new MS362 runs about $800 plus sales tax.

I nominate mine. Rebuilt with an 036 top end, this saw does not need a decomp valve, starts and cuts perfectly. I ran it the other day and it noodle cut big logs in half once again. It's a pleasure to use:
View attachment 801063If someone offered me $350 for it shipped, I doubt I would accept the offer. A new MS362 runs about $800 plus sales tax.
If you look around you could probably find a decent used 562 for that. You'd forget all about that 036 in short order. That said, nice looking 1125

Thanks for the input.
Sadly, I'm probably gonna cannibalize it and do a port job. (haha)
I'm currently "learning" on an 021/025 and we will see where that takes me.
Gonna be sending my "baby" MS460 to huskstihl very soon for porting, anxious to see where that ends up.

You guys are gettin me all hyped up to sink my new 036 in to some wood!!
Like I said, had one years ago and really liked it.
Was raising 3 kids at the time and couldn't afford two saws. sold it to get a new 460.
I'm excited to try it out!!

I was gonna buy an 036 but found a 361 on here used. I think the 036 looks better though. I'm not a Stihl guy but the 036/360/361 were awesome saws.

Back