038 mag value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeynuts

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just ran across this 038 mag that looks taking care of. It comes with 20" bar & chain, and 32" bar with 3 chains. I honestly will probably almost never use the 32s. He wants 500, which although a nice saw, seems steep. Opinions on value?

Attachments

• 00C0C_7dchuGRHX1r_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg
    00C0C_7dchuGRHX1r_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 35
I really have no idea. I know how much new ones are though! Assuming all those chains are decent, that's alot too. I was thinking of offering 400 and see...

It needs a clean... dunno why someone wouldn't clean a saw like that if trying to sell it.

The 32" bar looks like it has had a lot of use. If you can - get a pic of the piston/ring. If it's good, sure start at $400 and haggle from there -

I passed on a pretty nice 038 mag a couple months ago for $350. I found it a little Clumsy and heavy. I didn’t let like the chain tenser location or the on/off switch.

But if you need a 70cc saw and everything checks out p/c hot and cold start ideal and it cuts correctly $350-400 is tough to beat for that sized saw.

Yup. I was just trained/learned over time with my 028 Super that I carry a regular straight-slot screwgy around for the chain adjuster, and the selector switch was second-nature to me so when an 038 Super came up locally for sale - I just said to myself.... "yup"

Back