• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

038 mag value

Joeynuts

Joeynuts

ArboristSite Lurker
I just ran across this 038 mag that looks taking care of. It comes with 20" bar & chain, and 32" bar with 3 chains. I honestly will probably almost never use the 32s. He wants 500, which although a nice saw, seems steep. Opinions on value?

Attachments

Joeynuts

Joeynuts

ArboristSite Lurker
I really have no idea. I know how much new ones are though! Assuming all those chains are decent, that's alot too. I was thinking of offering 400 and see...

NIP Group
jp233

jp233

ArboristSite Operative
It needs a clean... dunno why someone wouldn't clean a saw like that if trying to sell it.

The 32" bar looks like it has had a lot of use. If you can - get a pic of the piston/ring. If it's good, sure start at $400 and haggle from there -

Hand Splitter

Hand Splitter

ArboristSite Member
I passed on a pretty nice 038 mag a couple months ago for $350. I found it a little Clumsy and heavy. I didn’t let like the chain tenser location or the on/off switch.

But if you need a 70cc saw and everything checks out p/c hot and cold start ideal and it cuts correctly $350-400 is tough to beat for that sized saw.

jp233

jp233

ArboristSite Operative
Yup. I was just trained/learned over time with my 028 Super that I carry a regular straight-slot screwgy around for the chain adjuster, and the selector switch was second-nature to me so when an 038 Super came up locally for sale - I just said to myself.... "yup"