044 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pity you members that have to deal with less than satisfactory dealers, I have a great relationship with the ones I deal with. It never hurts to take a treat and a coffee or the like with you once in a while when you pay them a visit....:msp_smile:

Oh, they're good fellas' down there... I just think they get burnt out dealing with people... I stop by every Friday afternoon and TOTALLY waste 15 - 20 minutes of their time just to do it... :msp_wink:
But I've also bought probably $1000.00 worth of consumables there in the last year...
When I pull the trigger on the new 346 and 390, they're who I'll get them from... I figure if they can be faithful and patient with all the little things, they'll be trusted with the big purchases...

Oh, they're good fellas' down there... I just think they get burnt out dealing with people... I stop by every Friday afternoon and TOTALLY waste 15 - 20 minutes of their time just to do it... :msp_wink:
But I've also bought probably $1000.00 worth of consumables there in the last year...
When I pull the trigger on the new 346 and 390, they're who I'll get them from... I figure if they can be faithful and patient with all the little things, they'll be trusted with the big purchases...

I am shure they get burned out dealing with the general public, that`s why you need to become someone they reconize on sight and their attitude will soon change toward you. I take in all the parts numbers with me if I pay them a visit for parts or phone in/fax them with the parts numbers for things I want and they really appreciate that. They know that if a person goes through that effort they are serious about getting the parts and not just someone being a tire kicker, wasting their time.

Heres another *cough* mod "Christine" received today....:msp_biggrin:

IMAG0859.jpg

IMAG0858.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

stock port is opend up to about 1x1.5" rectangle and ive added a second port thats about the same size. both ports are running spark screens.

this saw is also got mild porting and the muffler is port matched to the exhaust.

[video=youtube;p7DbIhBh4b4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7DbIhBh4b4[/video]

I bought a 288 deflector from my husky dealerand I think it was like 18 dollars for the screen deflector and bolts. I then ordered a dp muffler from baileys for a 460 and shipped it was 44 dollars. So I'm just going Sry the one that's already made for the little extra cost on my 044 bb.at the time of ordering it the front muffler cover was the same price as the whole muffler.

Last edited:
I ended up puting one of the Baileys dp mufflers on for a quick one. havnt had a chance to build one yet.. it works well for almost no effort. cant wait to build one!

Latest posts

Back