• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 045/056 .404 sprocket for 3/8

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcr357

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a nos stihl 7 tooth sprocket, part no. 11156402005.
Never used.
Will trade for a 3/8 7 tooth for the same saw, used is fine if it's good shape. Also need a drive pin and the washer that goes between the crank seal and sprocket.

How long a bar you running ? I don't think I would care for 7 3/8 th unless I was up to a 32" bar or so in the 056 family, depending on specific model. 045 sports a little less power yet so maybe 28" or so with it. Smaller sprockets for me almost always seem to increase fuel consumption some times to the point it feels like I am running out to soon and its slowing down my work.
didn't see the pin and washer with it but I think I have more , may have it new or used. Will look some more, I might have a 7 but I don't remember 1. Might find a rim hub when I look.

Going to be running a 20", and it's an 045. I live in S Fl, so won't be cutting much hardwood. It actually won't be used more than a couple times a year tbh, I just found a nice old saw on ebay and want to keep it in running shape for occasional use since the poulan I got from HD quit running after 6 months. This Stihl will start after sitting for a year with a few pulls, so I may as well keep and use it, and the poulan is going on craigslist.
How long a bar you running ? I don't think I would care for 7 3/8 th unless I was up to a 32" bar or so in the 056 family, depending on specific model. 045 sports a little less power yet so maybe 28" or so with it. Smaller sprockets for me almost always seem to increase fuel consumption some times to the point it feels like I am running out to soon and its slowing down my work.
didn't see the pin and washer with it but I think I have more , may have it new or used. Will look some more, I might have a 7 but I don't remember 1. Might find a rim hub when I look.

No hurry on my end. If you get around to it and come across anything lmk.

Back