050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Note the beefed up AV mount with no tapped hole and no mounts under the flywheel. For a 076 it would be set up to use the ignition module 1111 400 1303 i.e. no trigger plate.
TS760 saws used the module for a while but in 95' went back to using coil 1111 400 1301 with a different kind of trigger plate (not used on 076). It mounts between the AV mount, part number 4205 400 1001;

attachment.php

The "backward" step on the TS760 was done to make it rev limited via the ignition system instead of the control valve in the carb.

EDIT;
there are several of the between the AV mount triggers -1000 changed to - 1001 see TI (26.96). Also US/CAN apparently used different to Europe, -1001 used in Europe, -1002 in US/CAN.

Great write up JDNicol.

I need some advice. I just realized I'm using a case without any holes under the flywheel. Are you saying I can use coil 1111 400 1303 with out a trigger plate or do I need to order a trigger plate also. Thanks in advance, BB

Great write up JDNicol.

I need some advice. I just realized I'm using a case without any holes under the flywheel. Are you saying I can use coil 1111 400 1303 with out a trigger plate or do I need to order a trigger plate also. Thanks in advance, BB

1111 400 1303 is not a coil, it is a module i.e. it is "all inclusive", you wouldn't need a separate trigger. It is currently the suggested replacement part as per Stihl.
Depending on what spare parts and case you already have it may be cheaper just to buy and mount an external trigger like 1118 400 1001 (you would have to get one from ebay etc as nla from Stihl, various aftermarket availabilities also) on one of the coil screws and use with a coil you already have or if you have the beefed up AV mount like shown above; drill and tap a hole there to mount a trigger.

For reference what model is it and any chance of a picture of the case?

Also I don't think the 1111 400 1303 module on ebay from cheapchainsawparts is actually what is says. The mounting holes are wrong, looks more like the 1118 400 1305 coil used on a 028.

I hope to continue the thread once I can find out some more about the alleged early 076 trigger units.:bang:

I was actually looking at that module on ebay. I'll post a pick of the case I have. It's actually cut saw that I'm converting to a saw. I never even looked at the flywheel side enough to see there weren't any holes. I'll post some pictures in a little while. Thanks for the response.

The two coils I have are like the one in this picture. One of them doesn't have a trigger plate.
180175d1302901419-076-early-trigger-jpg

A trigger plate would be the way to go if I was looking for Cheap. I really just want a non rev limited saw that I can rely on.

really interesting thread JD. I was one of those ones ignored with an 075 and side oiler cap. Howevefr it was hit by a tree when I got it so has shared a lot of parts with a TS760. I'll post some photos if you're interested. It had the 3/4 donut ignition but has now got a 4205 400 1001 module as I needed to use the 760 recoil and therefore flywheel which wouldn't fit over the ignition. I can't remember about the hole in the beefed up AV mount but everything you say rings true.

really interesting thread JD. I was one of those ones ignored with an 075 and side oiler cap. Howevefr it was hit by a tree when I got it so has shared a lot of parts with a TS760. I'll post some photos if you're interested. It had the 3/4 donut ignition but has now got a 4205 400 1001 module as I needed to use the 760 recoil and therefore flywheel which wouldn't fit over the ignition. I can't remember about the hole in the beefed up AV mount but everything you say rings true.

Pictures are always good.:msp_biggrin:
I think i have a 075 with side oil cap, that is what started all this...
What is the serial number of your saw, it looks like Stihl went backwards with some their serial numbers in 1978 i.e. 9945249 is before 4970520. Hence, some of the stuff in the service manual doesn't make immediate sense.
I wondered about the 4205 400 100x modules, is the lower rev limit ever a problem?

Pictures are always good.:msp_biggrin:
I think i have a 075 with side oil cap, that is what started all this...
What is the serial number of your saw, it looks like Stihl went backwards with some their serial numbers in 1978 i.e. 9945249 is before 4970520. Hence, some of the stuff in the service manual doesn't make immediate sense.
I wondered about the 4205 400 100x modules, is the lower rev limit ever a problem?

I'll put the number up tomorrow - got some work for it. The rev limiter isn't is annoying, but not a life changer. If it doesn't have a lot to do it limits - if it isn't in about 25" or more of hard wood the revs start limiting. That's with an 8T 36" 36RSC. Otherwise no worries - rips through what ever I ask it too

I'm going to have to find some work for mine once it's finished. It is painted in New Holland colours as I don't intend on selling it and wanted to be different... :msp_smile:

Great thread. I must have an early 050. I just want to tell myself its a 68 vintage. LOL. I was born in 68. I have a 68 Donzi classic.

My s/n are... current saw.. 2873753. Donor saw case is 2891057.
The current saw cylinder is in great shape. It will get rings while its apart. Both have points. New points also. Might as well make this saw as good as it ever was.
So, since points are present it has not IGNITION rev limiting capabilities? Correct?
Wags

Great thread. I must have an early 050. I just want to tell myself its a 68 vintage. LOL. I was born in 68. I have a 68 Donzi classic.

My s/n are... current saw.. 2873753. Donor saw case is 2891057.
The current saw cylinder is in great shape. It will get rings while its apart. Both have points. New points also. Might as well make this saw as good as it ever was.
So, since points are present it has not IGNITION rev limiting capabilities? Correct?
Wags

I am not aware any 050/051/075/076 was rev limited via the ignition (that is a TS760/TS510 thing). They were rev limited via the carb instead. I know HS-60C, HS-60D, HS-60E are rev limited. I assume the HS-60A and HS-60B (which were used on the 050) were also but have never seen one in person so can't be sure. Does your carb have a big brass screw on it (control valve)?

I took out my 075 the other day to cut up some red oak longs at a friends house and i noticed that my muffler cover is spaced out with maybe 1/2" spacers. I have noticed maybe one other pic of a 076 like this but most pics i have seen don't have them. I was wondering why some have them and some don't? I remember when i had it apart that the cover would not go on unless i used the spacers. Just wondering. And i must say that this might be my most favorite saw. This thing has great power and sound and the anti-vibe is really good for a older saw. Here is some pics of the muff cover.

I took out my 075 the other day to cut up some red oak longs at a friends house and i noticed that my muffler cover is spaced out with maybe 1/2" spacers. I have noticed maybe one other pic of a 076 like this but most pics i have seen don't have them. I was wondering why some have them and some don't? I remember when i had it apart that the cover would not go on unless i used the spacers. Just wondering. And i must say that this might be my most favorite saw. This thing has great power and sound and the anti-vibe is really good for a older saw. Here is some pics of the muff cover.

I think that the spacers are required for the U.S. muffler. I have two 076's, one has the spacers and one doesn't. They have different mufflers however.

100_5772.jpg

100_2008.jpg

Is there any power difference between the 075/076? I noticed on acres that the 075 has just a slightly bigger bore but both are 111cc.

Is there any power difference between the 075/076? I noticed on acres that the 075 has just a slightly bigger bore but both are 111cc.

There is no difference in bore. Acres is wrong in that respect. With regards to power I believe very late versions of the 076 might be slightly higher, 7.2hp as opposed to 7.0hp on the 075 and earlier versions of the 076. This may be due to several things, differences in porting?, different ignition system or maybe something else. However, I don't know when the change came about or if it is country specific, all I know is the 075 and 076 used to be rated at 7hp but the Mexican catalogue 2009-2010 rates the 076 at 7.2hp.

Latest posts

Back