050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know what Acres site says but they're basically a 10K RPM saw across the board according to Stihl specs. Pretty distinct 4 stroke to em if you're used to tuning by ear. Should be able to dial it right in.

And congrats on the successful conversion. Good work.

Thanks sir! It’s got the nice 4 stroke with my “by the ear tuning” now all I need to do is get a hold of the customer.....

No voice mail....

1-jpg.614535

076box-jpg.614705

WOW< That is Sweet and the box to boot. I just picked up a saw like this with that stepped up air box cover. Although the one I got was considerably rougher used.

40033421_237511116882058_6423876202582245376_n.jpg

I am not a technical encyclopedia, so when I bought these saws, I had to trust they were what was labeled on the one and anticipated 076 on the unmarked one.
Today I will begin pulling the plastics and parts I know need fixing like starter cord, and rear handle on the one.

I'm surprised the oil pump and oil pump drives subject doesn't come up more often considering the variations and lack of specific detail on them...especially with respect to the LACK of interchangeability between the older and newer ones with various clutch drum/rim setups for the 051 in particular.

I've been looking for a road map there for some time now and have come up empty with the exception of noting differences among the various parts on ebay and elsewhere. And finding the actual part you NEED to fix an olier problem is pretty tricky all by itself.

One pin drive plate?

Two pin drive plate?

10 o'clock and 2 o'clock pins for the two pin drive, or 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock?

Tabbed drive plate?

Blank with holes?

New "replacement" lug drive worm setup with new "replacement" style pump shaft?

Spur drive?

Rim drive?

7 tooth?

8 tooth?

3/8"?

.404?

1/2"?

I believe I'm close to sorting it all out, but would sure appreciate anyone's input who already has. All I know for sure is the newer "replacement kit" from folks like HLSupply (and Stihl for that matter) will only work on certain versions of 051 even though they're touted as being "replacements" for both the 051 and 076. A Stihl dealer will also try to tell you that's the style of replacement item from their distributor when it clearly is not a universal replacement/upgrade by any means (at least not for all 051's). And the pump shafts are different animals among different variations of the saws as well. Not quite as complicated as the variety of worm drive setups, but ya still need to know what fits with what from the drive gear on the pump shaft all the way out to the clutch drum for everything to work right, or at all.

Anyone here a guru on this subject? Or am I actually the one writing the book on it so far?

TIA for any enlightenment from anyone.

This train of thought re: oil drive type and sprocket type is what brought me to this thread. Old vs New 051 075 etc

Ok, so back to the oil pump issue...which isn't really an oil pump issue, but rather an oil pump drive issue (at least in my case) with all kinds of confusion over the various methods used to actually drive the oil pumps in the 1111 series saws over the years. Here are a few pics to set the stage for a pretty crappy video that is by no means definitive (Hi Dave!!!) and which also contains some inaccuracies both in terminology and the actual scope of what I was attempting to explain. Just figured some basic verbalization along with even some minimal visualization may help...and the visualization is certainly minimal since I just set my phone down on the bench, hit the record button, and went for it. There is definitely more to this than what I've put together so far and I'll try to get some additional detail posted like cross-ref'd part numbers and such...of which there are a bunch...but for now just wanted to spew out some sort of update for the huddled masses with all the wrong parts on their 1111's wonderin' why the damned things won't oil.

And there are a few other variants of these drives including a spur approach that uses the lug-style worm and what I've seen reference to as even a lug-style worm that fits the old style pump (at least in old docs), though that's some really muddy water and probably why so much of this confusion exists in the first place. Anyway, here's the basic rundown. Hope it helps make some sense out of a pretty damned rambling video primarily focused on the crank of an 051 with only the most fleeting frames of actually relevant examples of what I was trying to convey! I'm certainly open to any / all questions anyone may have on all of this....., or more answers and more iinfo on the subject from anyone who can provide it. That's obviously the whole point! And I am aware of the variations and improvements over time of the oil pumps themselves, but that stuff is fairly well documented and not nearly as confusing as the drive issues.

Cheers, gang.​

Woah Woah Woah, Here is a visual start to clearing things up for me with these pics. I sure hope my 2 saws are easy to figure out what is what. Too bad my 051 has a serial number that is barely readable. So much to learn as a new owner of these old saws. I am so green I can't even tell if I have an o75 or o76 based on how it was when I got it. I do have a serial number if that helps anyone better versed in these. Serial 8526037 on my 111cc saw

That's funny we both ordered the balls. Between the two of us we got a lot of balls!!!!!

One time I was looking for some nuts to replace the missing ones on my girlfriend's daughter's old Laptop. I called the local fastener jobber and my girlfriend started laughing as I was telling the guy what I needed and asking if he had em. After I was done, she kept laughing, so I asked what was so funny. She said, I asked the guy if he had teeney little nuts. HAHA

Hey guys, wondering if there is any sources to swap a chain brake on my 051? Going to be restoring this thing. Story is the thing was my grandfather's who I never knew but Dad and I used it and an old Sachs and dolmar to cut up firewood, trim veneer or pull our huscky's out of a pinched log. Went home last winter and Dad was about to sell the stihl and I was floored, (he already got rid of the Sachs, I am trying to get it back). Gave him 100 bucks for it, and then he instantly felt bad that he took my money and tried to give it back. But he had already sinned so I made him regret trying to sell the saw and made him keep the money.

I have been working my way through this thread and have been learning a ton.

Here it is with my 200c that works great!

Attachments

• 20180906_180023.jpg
    20180906_180023.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
Atom, your 1111 saw has the same type stepped airbox cover as mine does. What exactly is that model you have? Got any pics from the top down? Is it an 051 AV? O51 AVE or what?

The saw I got has no Model tag on it. The non stepped one I have says 075. I am really thinking the guy I bought the saws off, swapped the covers from the 075 to the 051 and vice versa. Also, I was under the impression I had an 076 Super, but am rethinking the validity of some opinions of others based on my photos. Other details lead me to believe I have an 075 not 076. If anyone is good with serial number Id'ing saws, my Serial for the 111cc saw is 8526037.

What is a 1111? Also, where do you find the serial number to ID it?

Attachments

• 20180906_175946.jpg
    20180906_175946.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Back