• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 050av and MS260 with cash for 90+cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meismike09

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I've just bought an Alaskan CM, and although I'm confident my 460 will do the trick for my particular needs, I would like a used 90+cc saw, Husq or Stihl... I have in trade: Stihl 050av and MS 260. I will supply some cash too because I'm aware that my two saws won't cover a big running monster. The 050: is not running. Spent a couple months tearing it down... bought it from a farmer, said it was seized, but really only hydro locked because the oil gear leaked into the cylinder. Good news is that the cylinder was well preserved for ten years in a case full of bar oil. Stripped the saw down, emptied case, replaced o-ring seals, gaskets, filter, lines, cleaned up flywheel, coil, replaced plug wire, and painted everything including muffler. That sounds like a lot, but it was a half ass job because it was my first attempt at "restoring" a saw. Also will be my last. I attempted to start the saw and it about broke my arm so I know the compression is ok. But the recoil starter was not reassembled correctly I'm sure and now it just isn't engaging/cranking the engine. The saw is ok, just needs a few more steps from an experienced dude with patience. It comes with a 25" hardnose bar of some exotic make that wouldn't google... I stripped it down to bare metal thinking I would paint it. Never did... no chain either cause I can't find out what it takes. I was going to submit and drive it down to the local guy, but I'm not real excited about using a 30+yr old saw for milling... in a nutshell... I quit.
The MS260 runs fine. Starts with 4 pulls, idles and tears wood up. I bought it used locally and cleaned it up, changed the plug, deep cleaned. It's got a 16" oregon bar and chain less than 1 yr old and used for light limbing and bucking. I prefer a 064 or larger... don't even care if it runs, as long as it's complete and will take little or no effort to get straight... again... I will add cash, let me know, hopefully this works lol.

True that... both... just trying to see if I can get some knocked off the bottom line with a couple of other saws.. who knows

Back