• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 056 mag 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdaddy8769

My wife just doesn't understand cad
Reaction score
Not sure if I've picked the correct heading but I'm trying to find out if their is any interest in my very nice correct stihl 056 mag 2, it's got the correct carb, large factory dogs, muffler, rewind, even the correct vented fuel cap with insert... I'm anal about details :surprised3:.... It has the factory handle bar and factory option full wrap handle... New seals, gaskets, lines, hoses, piston, only thing new in it that isn't original stihl is the sem ignition module. It has one from a husky 2100 in it and this old beast burps first pull every time and starts 3rd pull cold as ice, one pull warm. I'm looking for stihl saw of the same cc or more... 064,066,070,075,084 I like the pre ms models because I'm old school like that and value that kinda stuff. It has a 25" rollomatic e bar and full skip full chisel chain on it. Not sure if I should just try to sell and buy it if I'd find someone looking to swap. I love this monster and its been a great project just testing the waters even though I may kick myself if I did get rid of it.. :buttkick:.. 20150115_124159.jpg 20150115_124159.jpg 20150115_124217.jpg 20150115_124321.jpg

Swap it for CASH :yes:
You need to set a value on the saw that's universal ... then someone can offer you a swap that will be mutually acceptable.
I've had two ... last one the coil went and I got disgusted trying to find one for under $190.
It is a great saw, NO DOUBT.
But the 064 I replaced it with is superior.
Do a compression test, post photo, take a shot of the piston with the muffler removed.
That means a lot.
I'd like to get another one some day ... just for shts and giggles

I'll get some more pics up maybe tomorrow right now we're dealing with the foot of snow that has fallen today.... And its still snowing very hard :happy:

I have both 064 n 066 in good condition. I'd like to know if you still saw available?

We'll have to be optimistic and hope he still it. Very good looking saw indeed.

I have a very nice 056 Mag 2 with SEM ignition that I will be selling or trading as well.... Just to let y'all know

It will be all original except for a new piston and a replacement SEM module. The original was slightly scored from some bad gas (all we can figure out, the gas was old, because it had oil in it).

PM me if interested

I am in the Denver, Colorado area

Back