064/066 advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wv311

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently ran a 064 with a 066 top end that really impressed me. Im wondering how hard it would be to find enough NOS or good used 064 stuff to scratch bulid one. Im also wondering if id be just as happy with a 066 or 660. I enjoy the process of building saws from scratch and im not in a hurry to find all the parts and get it built. Someone please talk me into or out of this lol.

I built one once and it was my only saw at the time. If I did it again I would just try to fit the smaller flywheel and recoil onto 066 as I prefer the oiler setup. You could even go with a vstack and save a few parts.

That’s not a bad idea. What’s involved with getting the 64 flywheel and recoil to work on the 66 ? The v stack wouldn’t be a problem at all. One of my vendors at work just got a new 5 axis cnc. I made some different cad models of stacks for my 46 and sent to him, he made me two of each them and mailed them to me for free. I’m working of some different muffler cover models now.

I'm sure a builder can tell if you have to have the correct crank for the flywheel taper. I know that you have to have a 064 recoil and flywheel as they are thinner. Coil would need to mate with flywheel.

Back