064 coil problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Prestianni

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi mate I'm new to this site but i have been told that you are the guru on 064 coil/flywheel setups ?, I need some help because my 064 died. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Chris.

The main combos on 064s are:
Flywheel: 1122 400 1201/Ignition: 1122 400 1300

Flywheel: 1122 400 1203/ Ignition: 1122 400 1311, 0000 400 1300, or 1122 400 1303, depending on which slot the flywheel is on.

Flywheel: 1122 400 1204/ Ignition: 1122 400 1303 (Rev-limited CDIC coil)

We could make this a sticky but the question will still be asked, there are many threads already that covers these 064`s and Jacob J has answered /posted this same info over and over many times. Thank you Jacob. A simple search will turn up all this info in multiples, having it in a sticky likely would not stop new members from asking for this info. No biggie,one of us will put up a link for all to read.

Thanks for the replys and information guys. The problem I had was that there is that much information out there that I was getting confused !, i am having the flywheel removed so I can get the part number off it to then match the coil (as the saw has already had 3 different coils from the last owner). Thanks again

Would this be the right coil and flywheel combination for my 064 ?. Can I assume that the flywheel number is the - 1122 400 1201c ?. And can anyone give me the stihl part number for the coil ?, thanks

I think so Chris being a 1201.I don't know what is the difference between an a,b or c or if there is any.
A 1201 wheel is what's required for a 1300 coil.
As I said before a 1300 is very failure prone.
Are you replacing both wheel and coil?

I'm thinking of just replacing the coil but probably with the aftermarket coil by VEC to see if it will last !. All the 3 coils are different part numbers, thats why i am trying to match the numbers with the flywheel. Thanks

My crankcase has 3 mounting holes for the coil. One of the coils that was in my saw has had a adapter/mounting bracket made so that it can be used. I'll put up some photos of it tonight. Thanks

Yeh thats the same type of set up. Turns out that the coil number that Jacob j has posted is the same as the coil that I have taken out of the saw (the most recent to die). How long should I expect a coil to last in a 064 ?. I have a 034av and it seems to last for ever ! Thanks

Latest posts

Back