• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 064 for 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an older 064 needs a little bit of work, I don't have time to work on it. When I bought it OEM crank bearings and seals had been put in. also had a fuel line and a carburetor kit put in. Has a new meteor piston and cabor rings. I put a new brake handle on it as it was missing one when I bought it. It will need a new air cleaner, a exhaust screw, a Rim drive sprocket and retaining clip as well as bar nuts. The back foot is also broken as you can see in the pictures, someone cleaned it up, it just looks funny. It does not have a decompression lever and I have a hard time trying to pull it over without one. It does not have more than 5 minutes of run time on the new piston. The carburetor needs to be tuned. it will fire and run for a very short period of time and then die. I have not done a vac test so don't know if when the seals were put back in the guy might have messed them up or it might just be the impulse line. I just don't have time to mess with it and would really like to get a MS261. I have too many projects so would really like to trade it off for a nice ms261/c. I would be willing to sell it outright as well. I have over $400 in this saw but don't figure I'll be able to get my money back out of it. Let me know what you have or shoot me an offer. KIMG0874.JPGKIMG0876.JPGKIMG0875.JPGKIMG0877.JPG

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Boy is this tempting, but I need another 064 project like I need another timberbear. look up my 261 on nh craigslist....

I have an 026. But the carb needs tuned. It runs, just bogs about mid throttle and carbs are not my strong point.

Thanks. I understand about needing a larger saw I was there at one point in my life. Got anything else to trade? Doesn't have to be saw related necessarily.

Just about anything tree-related. If you have any 500 or 700 series green teeth for stump grinders I'd be very interested in those, also some pockets for both as well. Woodworking, metalworking, I do a little bit of Automotive work so some Automotive tools would be of interest.

About the only thing I could use in that area would be a set of 16" aluminum rims for a 99 F-350. Somebody put 18in wheels on my truck and I'd like to go back to stock.

Latest posts

Back