064 pull cord is breaking down but not on local shelves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she’s ready to go cut couple apple trees down. Possible to cancel the eBay order I made yesterday? If not maybe I can sell the part on here. Or just keep it as backup. The elastostart has a lot of play to it. Hopefully it holds up. The part was stretching like 1.5” just barley pulling on it. Thanks again!:):cheers: I was just gona take the 171 but now taking the 064 alsoBC61735A-228B-41BA-8A10-C61C569FE002.jpeg

Ya was pretty easy actually.

Man that pull starter is super nice. Almost feels like there’s a compression release now. Very smooth and I think it will last View attachment 747108 noodling some tough cherry rounds
That did it. I'm ordering one tomorrow. Yours looks like it should have been sold that way, but when the 064 was first released, Elasto-Start was still being designed. You would not believe how many of the Elasto-Start handles I have repaired on the 650's and 660's. Usually it's the inside stretch rubber that gives up and rips apart. Some say it's because the pull cord stretches and that puts extra strain on the rubber.

You rewound that pull cord spring by yourself with nobody else helping? Congratulations! Every time I have to do this I usually ask LOML to come to the shop and help. Four hands are better than two. We usually get the job done, but most of the time she won't speak to me for the rest of the day.
Been there done that with wife lol

Latest posts

Back