064 stihl hop up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpankey

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was told by Bailey's that in order to install the 066 big bore kit I would have to do some machining . Any ideas on machining and is it worth the effort for 2 mm extra. Thanks in advance for any advice on powering up this 064 saw.

You're better off running the stock top end ported. The 064 I modified for myself has good low end and good top end power, it also has 195psi.
could you expand a little more on be better running stock top end

could you expand a little more on be better running stock top end

The saw had 160 psi compression but was sucking air from a crank seal . What should the compression be on a stock rebuild and what should the compression not exceed on a hop up job ? I don't mind running 110 race fuel i keep it and methanol on hand most of the seasons. Sorry for so many questions this is the first horespower up grade on a saw of mine done other than muffler mods and removing the jug gasket with grey permatex suplement. Thanks J

064 big bore kit

Saw is back together with no gasket under jug . Compression is 120 psi. How many thousandths needs to be removed to get it back to the 160 psi. Thanks ,J

and this is the saw your going to be bringing to my gtg to go up against my xpw. hahahahahahahahahahah ive had a dennis cahoon moment

Back