064 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan R

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was just pull ciutch off my 064 to get to oil pump and the piston stop ripped the spark plug hole right up,not just thread,is it worth fixing,its been the best saw ever,but cyc,piston,ring,crank seals,bearing ect is it worth it.thanks for the in put,not a good day!

Got a picture? VERY worth fixing.

Best fix is a timesert. Tools to install are expensive, insert is not. I'd pull cylinder and have a machine shop install timesert. It will be stronger than the OEM aluminum threads.

While you have cylinder off might want to replace rings, and maybe piston. Gasket set comes with crank seals, and you'll have oil pump off, so I'd do those seals.

Use a piece of rope as piston stop to remove clutch/flywheel before you pull cylinder. Others use an impact.

P.S. you were pulling off clutch in "right" direction? It is left hand thread.

Don't toss your OEM P/C if you don't fix it. Someone here would use/buy it.

If the 066 cyl is not OEM, fix your OEM 064 cyl and freshen up the rings.

You will have to retap your case for a 066 cyl, it uses larger screws.

You don't have to retap the case, you have to slightly slot the 066 cylinder and you can use the original M5 bolts of the 064. People do this swap all the time.

The OP contacted me and I'll probably be welding the cylinder shut and re drilling/tapping the spark plug threads as well as checking out the rest of the saw.

You don't have to retap the case, you have to slightly slot the 066 cylinder and you can use the original M5 bolts of the 064. People do this swap all the time.

The OP contacted me and I'll probably be welding the cylinder shut and re drilling/tapping the spark plug threads as well as checking out the rest of the saw.

That's nice of you to help him out fixing the cylinder. I wish I had a nice welder.

A lot of people retap the case going to 066 cyl, you still have to slot the 066 cyl.

If you use M5 bolts don't use the original ones ( 5 X 20mm). The 066 cylinder base is thicker and uses 6 X 25mm. Get 5 X 25mm if you don't retap to 6mm, so the threads have more engagement.

Back