• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

066 brake handle screw?

Sandhill Crane

Sandhill Crane

AS Member
Lost the screw on the pull cord side of the brake handle so my 066 is down. Called dealer and ordered parts. Rubber bushing, metal bushing, and 5m x 40 x 2 screw. The screw did not thread into anything. Back to the dealer to get the right screw, but it was the right screw, or supposed to be. I left it with the dealer, and he is going call Stihl. The schematic did not show anything. And I certainly don't want to use the saw without the chain brake function which pivots on this screw. Any ideas while I'm waiting...

Preston

Preston

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hope you don't run into what I did with my 034. You can't get anything for these saws. Just to old they saw. The last problem I had with it the folks on here helped me get it going.