066 Mag Trade Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConservationNation

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trading a few guns for an 066, how much do you think a saw like this would go for? He wants 900 TV for the saw, 24" bar, 36" bar, 4 24" chains and 3 36" chains. Is that fair? 3177.jpeg 3178.jpeg 3179.jpeg

Well that depends on the guns buddy! One clean/NIB S&W range officer would work, or two decent glocks, or a Winchester model 12, or a decent brand AR15, or about 10 used keltec p3ats. My used kimber sis pro was $800, and my model 10-6 was about $350. I sold my 870 for $250.

What are you thinking of offering him?

Well that depends on the guns buddy! One clean/NIB S&W range officer would work, or two decent glocks, or a Winchester model 12, or a decent brand AR15, or about 10 used keltec p3ats. My used kimber sis pro was $800, and my model 10-6 was about $350. I sold my 870 for $250.

What are you thinking of offering him?
I have an older style Type 56 SKS and a DP51 9mm that he wants for sure. Thinking both of them are worth 350~ each, and I have some ammo to add. Do you think the value he's asking for is about right though?

Saw looks good, but I'd still say $900 is on the high side.

I'd call that a fair trade for sure, I remember buying up sks's when they were $80 a pop. Used to get a handful of the yugo's with the grenade sights and sand them down and stain the stock. Made a lot of beer money that way... Isn't that dp51 a 5906 knockoff?

Saw looks good, but I'd still say $900 is on the high side.

I'd call that a fair trade for sure, I remember buying up sks's when they were $80 a pop. Used to get a handful of the yugo's with the grenade sights and sand them down and stain the stock. Made a lot of beer money that way... Isn't that dp51 a 5906 knockoff?
No kidding, wish I had a couple- those yugos are really tame shooters. It's decended from the 5906 for sure. The Koreans added a "tri action" trigger, alloy frame, and changed the dimensions around a little. I think they stopped importing them in the 90s.

Right on, well let us know if you make the trade. Hope that saw runs as good as it looks
Got it today, he found an extra 36" bar that needs retipped, several additional chains, and the 24" turned out to be 28". He accepted the SKS and DP51, sorry to see them go, but glad we could both get something we needed.
Saw started and ran great once I put my fuel in, he already has an 8 pin sprocket for some reason. Seems a bit optimistic for a 36" bar in hardwood, maybe I'm wrong.
Only complaints are a tiny scuff on the piston, guessing from carbon in the exhaust. He's NEVER taken the muffler off evidently, so there's some crud in there. Leaks oil and gas, not sure if there's a whole lot I can do about that though. Needs a few small parts too.
Feels like a big greasy chunk of metal with purpose, I like it a lot.
Going to post an ID thread with more pics.

Good, that's a simple fix. And the compression can't be too bad, it runs lol. Congrats on the trade, to be honest I think you came out ahead, especially considering all the ancillaries you got.

Good, that's a simple fix. And the compression can't be too bad, it runs lol. Congrats on the trade, to be honest I think you came out ahead, especially considering all the ancillaries you got.
Looks like the gasket on the gas cap is torn, new one on the way. That and new clutch springs, sprocket cover, DP muffler, and new chains. Muffler is going to get modded ASAP too. Needs a little love after the stumps and dirt this guy drug it through.
To be honest, I don't REALLY even need a 90cc saw... and now I have two... :p

Back