066 to buy or not to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lutty440

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey, I met a fella last week who said his brother owned an 066 for bucking. Saw hasn't been used for years so he brought it to the shop to see what it needed. It needs a fuel tank( current one is cracked) and a piston( there is play with the piston). Mechanic says if I supply him witha a piston and fuel tank he can get it running for 80-90$. what is it worth now?

Also comes with a 16 inch bar and chain 3/8 that I can run on my new 261cm just purchased three days ago.

How much does he want for the 066
We're trying to reach a fair deal. I basically need to put 300$ into it to get it running. But the cracked fuel tank and wiggly piston make me wonder what happened to it in the first place. We haven't worked out a deal yet but we both just want the deal to be fair. I will talk with him later on today. He doesn't want to put anything in to it himself so I would be taking all the risk. However I think he will let me fix it up before we make a deal.

Hey, I met a fella last week who said his brother owned an 066 for bucking. Saw hasn't been used for years so he brought it to the shop to see what it needed. It needs a fuel tank( current one is cracked) and a piston( there is play with the piston). Mechanic says if I supply him witha a piston and fuel tank he can get it running for 80-90$. what is it worth now?

I have bought many, 6 or more 066`s for $300 - $350 @ that were in running condition. A few cosmetic parts and a cleanup and they could be sold for roughly $500. to someone wanting one but they have little to no market around here.

I have bought many, 6 or more 066`s for $300 - $350 @ that were in running condition. A few cosmetic parts and a cleanup and they could be sold for roughly $500. to someone wanting one but they have little to no market around here.
Thanks Pioneerguy600, i bought it for 200$ put the 16 inch on my 261cm and 20 on the 400 magnum. Now I'm gonna go cut some tamarack with my buddy so we can mill it for a bridge.

Back