066blaster - give me a shout if interested

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right in light of the current situation I will now be accepting applications for my newly formed production falling school- Dutchman University. The school currently offers an intensive 5 day course. 500 bucks a day which includes lunch and donuts. Lunch will be egg salad sandwiches with jalapenos chopped in. You will be treated to such interesting courses as, "what the GOL doesn't want you to know" and "timber falling or timber felling-what's the difference?" And my personal favorite- "how to keep your saw together long enough to make money." Please send your applications along with your admissions to 1234 ******** lane- Bastard, WI .

Seriously though I hope you will get a hold of me 066. We may even know each other. I grew up in the WB. There is an incredible amount of learning to do in the woods. I do it every day and every day presents a new challenge. I cut 35 sawtimber trees today which busheled out to about 6000bf. I probably cut around 4 cords of firewood with that. I almost got my head knocked off once by a widow maker that was catapulted back at me and I almost lost my saw when putting the face in a hard leaning hollow basswood. Two days in a row last week I did a header into the snow to get away from flying crap. In two feet of powder I bet I looked pretty funny. The point is that anything can and will happen. It probably won't even be the tree that gets ya. Also typically big hardwood timber is only going one way, especially oak. Its the 100 ft tall straight **** ash or basswood that you accidently cut the hinge off in the wind and she spins loose on the stump on ya. I did get all that wood skidded out today minus 2 cords of pulp. Cutting trees and making money cutting trees are two totally different things. I would say when you cut trees to pay the bills is when you become a pro.

Rain is NO good. Two feet of snow is good. I'd take three feet if that meant I could keep working. Winter has got to end some time. My bank account doesn't want it too though.

Someone will contradict anything I post. Hey everybody the sky is blue:popcorn:

I was going to post that saying. 066blaster, that's a commonly used phrase in the woods. The guy from Wisconsin who was the GOL instructor said it all two days, over and over--It's the small trees that will kill you.

The explanation is that there is no room in a small tree to work with it. Wedges won't fit and you don''t have enough wood to do any fancy cutting. Plus, so many people think a small tree means an easy tree and they let their guard down. Small trees still weigh a heck of a lot, and can still smoosh you dead.

All right in light of the current situation I will now be accepting applications for my newly formed production falling school- Dutchman University. The school currently offers an intensive 5 day course. 500 bucks a day which includes lunch and donuts. Lunch will be egg salad sandwiches with jalapenos chopped in. You will be treated to such interesting courses as, "what the GOL doesn't want you to know" and "timber falling or timber felling-what's the difference?" And my personal favorite- "how to keep your saw together long enough to make money." Please send your applications along with your admissions to 1234 ******** lane- Bastard, WI .

Seriously though I hope you will get a hold of me 066. We may even know each other. I grew up in the WB. There is an incredible amount of learning to do in the woods. I do it every day and every day presents a new challenge. I cut 35 sawtimber trees today which busheled out to about 6000bf. I probably cut around 4 cords of firewood with that. I almost got my head knocked off once by a widow maker that was catapulted back at me and I almost lost my saw when putting the face in a hard leaning hollow basswood. Two days in a row last week I did a header into the snow to get away from flying crap. In two feet of powder I bet I looked pretty funny. The point is that anything can and will happen. It probably won't even be the tree that gets ya. Also typically big hardwood timber is only going one way, especially oak. Its the 100 ft tall straight **** ash or basswood that you accidently cut the hinge off in the wind and she spins loose on the stump on ya. I did get all that wood skidded out today minus 2 cords of pulp. Cutting trees and making money cutting trees are two totally different things. I would say when you cut trees to pay the bills is when you become a pro.

Rain is NO good. Two feet of snow is good. I'd take three feet if that meant I could keep working. Winter has got to end some time. My bank account doesn't want it too though.
Checks in the mail! Always wanted to learn the whole felling/falling thing.

Checks in the mail! Always wanted to learn the whole felling/falling thing.
For being the first applicant you can pick from my vast assortment of used wedges! They come in blue, orange, red and white, and also yellow. They may be blunted and chewed, but they can still tip a tree!

[quo te="bitzer, post: 4704837, member: 39146"]All right in light of the current situation I will now be accepting applications for my newly formed production falling school- Dutchman University. The school currently offers an intensive 5 day course. 500 bucks a day which includes lunch and donuts. Lunch will be egg salad sandwiches with jalapenos chopped in. You will be treated to such interesting courses as, "what the GOL doesn't want you to know" and "timber falling or timber felling-what's the difference?" And my personal favorite- "how to keep your saw together long enough to make money." Please send your applications along with your admissions to 1234 ******** lane- Bastard, WI .

Rain is NO good. Two feet of snow is good. I'd take three feet if that meant I could keep working. Winter has got to end some time. My bank account doesn't want it too though.[/quote]
I grew up in the country in Kewaskum me and my dad run the strawberry farm 3 miles north of wb I have 2 acres of asparagus, 250 honey crisp apple trees , Plus other produce. We got 70 acres out there plus another 7 down the road. We are off of Salsbury road

[/quote]
I grew up in the country in Kewaskum me and my dad run the strawberry farm 3 miles north of wb I have 2 acres of asparagus, 250 honey crisp apple trees , Plus other produce. We got 70 acres out there plus another 7 down the road. We are off of Salsbury road[/quote]

As the crow flies I live about a mile and a half from there. You guys sell pumpkins in the fall?

I grew up in the country in Kewaskum me and my dad run the strawberry farm 3 miles north of wb I have 2 acres of asparagus, 250 honey crisp apple trees , Plus other produce. We got 70 acres out there plus another 7 down the road. We are off of Salsbury road[/quote]

As the crow flies I live about a mile and a half from there. You guys sell pumpkins in the fall?[/quote]
We use to, we got out of it a few years ago. Didn't have time for it anymore. We did the whole hayride thing and everything. School tours, ect. Oct - April I can cut wood unless it snows I gotta plow. Other than that I sit on my butt all winter.

4-12" coming here shortly. As it is, we have plenty already, I'd have to chain up my tractor to get to the woods. Got plenty of firewood so I'll just wait for some melting, probably in June at this rate.

I grew up in the country in Kewaskum me and my dad run the strawberry farm 3 miles north of wb I have 2 acres of asparagus, 250 honey crisp apple trees , Plus other produce. We got 70 acres out there plus another 7 down the road. We are off of Salsbury road

As the crow flies I live about a mile and a half from there. You guys sell pumpkins in the fall?[/quote]
We use to, we got out of it a few years ago. Didn't have time for it anymore. We did the whole hayride thing and everything. School tours, ect. Oct - April I can cut wood unless it snows I gotta plow. Other than that I sit on my butt all winter.[/quote]
We bought pumpkins from you guys then once. About 5-6 years ago maybe.

I am still just a land clearing hack, which is one step below a firewood hack

I like it. "Land clearing hack". That's what I'm up to right now. Got about 10 acres of neglected property, been that way for many years.
My great great grandpa bought it back in 1892, and it's been in the family ever since. Everybody else in the family moved away, but I'm still here and this patch of woods is still sitting here, full of junk trees, privet, English Ivy, and Jap honeysuckle. And I want to make something of it, plant some fruit orchards, clear out a spot for a big garden patch. The bottom land is rich, black, and fertile, and there's a tiny creek running through it. I've finally got spare time on my hands, and I want to do something constructive with it. And that means cutting a lot of trees and chipping a lot of brush. So that's me at the moment, land clearing hack. I just want to make sure I don't end up instead as a report in the accidents and injuries forum.

Latest posts

Back