070 recoil issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgdanski

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I have an 070 for milling and a while back on eBay I saw those Chinese recoils for 25 bucks and bought one to have just in case. Well just in case happened the other day and I was thanking my past self for buying a spare. But when I went to change them out I discovered they’re completely different. The oem one I pulled off has metal grabbers that grab on to start it and the Chinese one has one little plastic fin like on smaller newer saws. I tried it and couldn’t get it to grab the flywheel at all. Is this just a typical Chinese knock off where they got the design wrong or was there a change in the 070 where they started using the newer style recoil. Any input would help. And sorry for lack of proper terminology. Still learning a bunch and this has been a bear of a saw to learn on.

upload_2019-8-29_22-16-28.jpeg

Stock image from google but this is the type my saw has on it currently.
upload_2019-8-29_22-17-26.jpeg
And this is what the Chinese one I have has.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-29_22-15-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-29_22-15-17.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
I have both, but as I remember I changed the fan. I found one on Fleebay for about $25. It was a used OEM unit , but bolted right up. I am not sure as to part # or years that apply. I just studied the pictures and it seemed like a worthwhile shot so I ordered it. It showed signs of wear, but it worked. Thanks

Latest posts

Back