088 hop up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihl 088 w

hello john,
those 2071 jonsered photos look nice. with the port timing figures dennis put in it it should run pretty strong.
heres what we should do, you bring your walkerized 088 stihl and your 2071 jonsered, mike rupley can bring his 088 stilhl, jon rupley will bring his 090 stihl, homedelight man- jonathan hobbs can bring his 2100 homelight, art martin can bring his west bend hotsaw and i've got a old 084 stihl landing saw i can run. you get walt galer to file you a chisel chain and we can all borrow a chain from art martin and we will run all these puppy's off and see who is fastest. I included a photo of my 084 stihl landing saw
ken

No air filter? Wouldnt a K&N smooth out the airflow to the carb or doesnt that apply on this small of an application

Hot Saw Hoedown

Hi Ken, I like that idea, but we need to include Robert Andrews with his Rotax and double ended 088- 084 tuned Combo.
Mr. Martin, although I dont wish to speak for him, has indicated before that those pipes are really not required to get max. power.
I think it would be a real Stump Jump Jamboree if we all got together, plus Fish could supply Kentucky's Finest after the smoke has cleared and I took the Cup with my lil 026. lol. Walt has kindly filed two cutters for me as an example, but I cant recreate his work, not freehand anyway. Nice saw by the way Ken. I ordered a 999 and it arrives in Feb.
John's Bar n' Chain

hot saw howdown

Hello Gypo Logger
Hello john, just talked to the rupleys, they said by all means bring robert andrews. but he's got to bring his rotax and his v-8 buick hot saw so we can see them run. also bring Dennis Greffords from greffords saw shop. he's working on a hot 394 husky that should be ready by then.
Art Martin's 090 stihl did a number on everyone this year at placerville. he doesn't run a pipe and it is one fast saw. but his bar and chain are awesome. I built a few 090's 3-4 years ago and tried all different length's of pipe and never got better times than a muffler on that particular saw
. I think it has something to do with that big piston. bore- 66 mm, stroke 40mm
We had better invite Huskyman also to represent the husky drivers
Ken

Good idea, Ken, everyone is invited up here to John's Bar & Chain with a free tour to see the Chainsaw Brothers who has saws by the cord. Walt Galer must come as well to keep us all in line, you know how he hates to see me shrink those metering diaghrams on the woodstove and rejoin my new chains with the old rivets. lol.
Hotsaw Wanabe

Hey John I see that picture.... Reminds me of some women I used to know. You fill them up with the good stuff, bring them home and start a nice fire, put on some music, and they turn onto their side and go to sleep!!!!!! Mike

Hi Mike, I think some of the girls that drop by are intimidated by the saws all over the house, so sometimes I just hide them under the bed if i think it makes anyone uncomfortable. The 090 with 59" bar and helpers handle takes some doing to hide though.
The Chainsaw Packrat

Do you think my HUGE competition Homelite Zip could hold its own with you guys. Sorry I dont have a Husky to represent, but I am working on one.

John it is not fair that we have to come to Canada for this BIG RACE. First I don't want to pay $50 for bringing my gun into Canada. Second it's too far. Third your trees are frozen now!
Anyway let's try to vote on somewhere agreeable to every one. I will put in the first suggestion and you other guys give your input. My suggestion would be Montana. There is a Testicle Festival there in the Spring. After The saw races I would put John Lambert up aganist the winner of the all you can eat contest! Mike :D

Wow I made it in here, and yeah if I can get away I'll race anybody anywhere & anytime...I always like a challenge as well as the opportunity to learn another trick or two. speaking of 088's mine dyno'd out at 16.75 hp can't remember the torque specs though...the only thing with mine I need to change the pipe to get a slightly wider power band. she is fast on small wood but on 27" and larger wood I really have to watch the revs as to not pull out of the pipe. It's good to be here.

How much does it cost to send a 400lb V8 saw to Canada ??? Will there be different Classes or just winner take all. By the way John, how big is your mailbox.

homelite hot saw

hello huskyman,
huskyman-huskyman-huskyman, shame-shame, no one with that name should be allowed to run a homlite zip. you'll just have to hop up one of those huskys

ken

090 stihl racing saw

Hello Bruce,
You must not have a 090 stihl yet. jon and mike rupley have about 10-11 extra used 090's between them you had better send them a e-mail. thats what you,ll need to race

ken

Hi There, wow this forum is so fast it is hard to keep up. It must have been ported and polished with the rakers taken down. I dont even have time to look at the Timber Tramp forum anymore hardly. That 3120 has your name on it Bruce.
Any American who takes a coat check for their firearm at the CND border gets a free 150$ coupon that can be redeemed for a Stihl or Husky at any Canadian Tire Store here in Canada and gets a 25' roll of chain as well in any pitch or gauge of their choice, or a plastic carrying case.
Sidearms of any type are virtualy nonexistant here in Canada, although single shot rifles are issued above the 63rd Paralel, only during the spring when the Polar Bears come off the Arctic Pack Ice for the Spring mating season. Chainsaws are inefective in this Northern region above the treeline, but are used ocasionaly by our Indiginous Peoples as a means of building their igloos.
Electric saws are very handy here due to the ocasional shortage of fossil fuels, that are usually rashioned out during these times for Arctic chainsaws and Honda generators.
Robert, I have a friend who works for the CNR Railway in Naniamo, and with a few strings pulled we could have your V8 saw loaded on a flatbed and railroaded out here, but the antifreeze must be good to 75 below Farenheit. Sometimes Wiskey is used in this application when antifreeze is unavailable, Dennis in Clearwater could make sure the block hasnt frozen as it eases down the mainline thru the Rockies.
Cheers too all,
John

Hey john, while your here,do the Canadain saws have to meet any kind of epa type standards like THEU.S. SAWS.Does that add up to any kind of advantage for my 088 magnum:D Dan

Latest posts

Back