1.0 ft3 bundles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got some firewood bags to dabble is the bundle business. Made a jig to measure out 1 cubic foot and filled some bags. They are good sized compared to .75 bags or bundles which is a selling point but they are on the bigger side for perhaps some people to handle. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Here measurement is really important. A label must state what and how much volume is contained. Most places sell .5 .65 .75 CF. I am setting up for 18' in 1 CF. You need to sell what ever makes you a profit. Do not try to reinvent the wheel. I plan to wholesale a 1 CF for $6 each. I get calls every year when every one runs out. So I do not know what best fills the demand in your community. I have even made custom carts like wheelbarrow that hold a specific amount of wood. This MO has the highest profit margin but there are some drawbacks. My source for supply is not steady at the moment. For me one step at a time. Thanks

I don't see bagged bundles around here.
Bags make more sense to me from the buy and seller point of view.
For the buyer, bags would be cleaner for people placing in car and suv's.
For the seller, any shrinkage or shifting pieces, would not be an issue in moving bundles about.
No doubt there is a cost difference, bags being more.
Not sure how much bags are.
Maybe someone can weigh in on the cost differences...

Sand I totally agree on the bag issue. However they are illegal here. Recycled ♻ carboard or stretch wrap are pretty much the only options. Using carboard as a banding material does work but is is way more pricey than plastic wrap. Carboard boxes are way way more expensive. What I like to do is set up a trailer that holds about 1 1/2 cords and return when it is empty. The retailer fills the cart up with wood buyer loads wood in their trunk and goes to their place and burns it. A plus plus situation. I cut down on production cost. Or I leave two trailers with wood so customer can hook up trailer take to their place and bring back trailer collect deposit going home happy. Thanks

So I got some firewood bags to dabble is the bundle business. Made a jig to measure out 1 cubic foot and filled some bags. They are good sized compared to .75 bags or bundles which is a selling point but they are on the bigger side for perhaps some people to handle. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Our 1 ft bagged or bundled firewood goes for about $13-$14 CAD plus 13% tax at local gas stations and corner stores.
I sell bagged campfire wood occasionally (Pine, Aspen, Poplar, Spruce, Box Elder) for $6 a bag.
As soon as I make up 50 bags, it's sold.
Last year I had a weekend off so I made up 150 bags, posted the ad and sold all of them next day to a campsite owner.
Buyer came with two pickup trucks and a large trailer and his son and daughter to help load and he brought cash.
My wife said I should use my time wiser instead of splitting all that wood, until she saw $900 cash.

I've been dabbling with bundle sizes recently. Ive decided the ones I wholesale to stores i make into .75 cubic feet bundles and the ones i sell retail are 1 cubic foot. I get my wrap from Amazon. The stuff in stores is a lot thinner than what I found on Amazon for the same price.
I too feel like bags have a better selling point. They're more expensive but probably less hassle.

Latest posts

Back