1/2 pex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Earlier this spring I blogged how I used 1/2 pex for my owb.I installed everything on my own.A buddy of mine gave me left over 1/2 from his radiant heat install.I never asked nor checked into the size to use.You would have thought I'd been smart enough to ask questions before I started.Long story short I got mixed feelings from you guys if it would work or not.Some said yes some said no.I took a gamble and figured if it didn't work I'd use my gas furnace this year.Well it works great(LUCKY I guess) I couldn't be happier with the whole system.The last two nights have been single digits not counting wind chill.Coldest nights yet we have had.Filled fire box about 7pm and had wood left over at 9am.Kept the house at a toasty 73-74.Plus DHW is great too.We are on the down side of cold now.:clap::clap:

Nice work! But I don't think we are on the down side of the cold just yet. At least not up here in Michigan.:greenchainsaw:

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I remember the thread but not the size pump you were using. Sounds like you hit on a working combination with what you have. Congrat's !

We won't be on the warm side of Winter till Mid-Febuary. Hopefully I won't have burned through all my best wood before then. I'm not expecting it to be pretty here that time of year.

Back