ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1.25 dual pex flex

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by newmanab, Aug 19, 2011.

1. newmanab

newmanab ArboristSite Lurker

Ok. Cb dealer is trying to talk me into 1.25 dual pex flex made by urecon instead of 1" thermopex. Just a little nervous because can't find a whole lot of reviews on pex flex. Here's what I have. 140' run From house to boiler. 10' run from boiler to pole barn (30x30) heated slab. I have never heard any complaints about thermopex and water getting into tile. Don't know anything about pex flex. So some feed back would be great. I want to do this once and do it right!!!:msp_mellow:

Pricing was:
    1" thermopex 11.55/ ft.
    1.25 dual pex flex 10.90/ft

Going to buy it tomorrow so a quick answers would be appreciated

Del_ likes this.
  2. upsnake

upsnake ArboristSite Operative

1 inch thermopex - 90 foot run, didn't have any problems. Running a Taco 007. Like others have said not melting of snow at all with the thermopex.

Don't have any experience with the other line though sorry. The price for the thermopex is not bad though.

Del_ likes this.
  3. William Balaska

William Balaska Addicted to ArboristSite

Buy the one inch regular pex. He probably has a bunch of leftover 1/1/4 that he wants to get rid of that's why he's pushing it. I have 1/1/4 but it's regular thermopex

Del_ likes this.
  4. newmanab

I didn't pull the trigger yet, wanted some more feedback. Researching on their website, it looks the same as thermopex but has a smooth outer wall?

5. RacerX

RacerX Addicted to ArboristSite

Not sure about the two types of PEX but the 1.25" pipe will have a cross-sectional volume that is 56% greater than the 1" pipe. Not sure how that would affect your system.

6. newmanab

Well.......bit the bullet today... Bought the logster. I cannot say enough for classic comfort Heating and supply in greenville, Ohio. David and his son Aaron have one impressive operation and service is second to none (even on a Sunday). I Couldn't be happier with the logster. Thermopex has an I.D. Of 7/8 " .. The logstor has a true 1" I.D, and uses oxygen barrier pex.

Hopefully you don't find the post annoying, I learned first hand about the underground piping today and thought I would share it.

Well gotta go there's digging to be done:dizzy:

7. nparch726

nparch726 ArboristSite Operative

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay per foot for the Logstor pipe?

8. newmanab

I had it wrong on my first post it was 10.90 a foot for the 1" logstor it Has a 1" I'd which is comparable to the 1.25 thermopex. (if that makes any sense)

I did luck out and it was the end of the role, I got an extra 10 ft. For free:hmm3grin2orange:

9. goosegunner

goosegunner ArboristSite Operative

I used the logstor for for the same reason of the try 1" id. It is tuff to work with. Put it in the sun to soften it up a little. I also used a 2" ratchet strap to help bend the radius. Plan on making a pretty good large bend Less than 4' radius is pretty hard to get.

gg