1/4 Cord firewood baskets from pallets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddogrunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I built these after seeing some great ideas here. Use 2/4's for a quick frame and some welded wire stapled to the pallet and frame. These hold 1/4 cord each and my tractor picks them up with ease. I sell in 1/4 increments. I always know how much I have on hand and am confident the customers are not getting shorted. If anything I mound them up a little to make sure. I can store most of them under cover and load for deliveries in 5 minutes. Quick and easy and cheap to build and have held up for 2 plus years already.

A smaller version I have been working with is to just screw 3' 2/4's to the long side of the pallets to support 2 stacked rows. Almost a 1/4 cord, but not quite. I use those for my own firewood because I don't care how much is on them. They are even cheaper to build and work pretty well so far.

A FEL tractor is the best firewood tool ever.....

[photo=medium]3164[/photo]

In case I misunderstood the post...do you give the baskets to the buyers of your wood? Or use these to fill their truck trailer from?

No I don't give them away. I split and or cut right into them, store and season and then deliver from them in my trailer. Basically I cut down on handling the wood 10,000 times. I just chuck the wood when I get there. If they want it stacked it's extry.

Back