1 is not very many degrees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Expecting the coldest day this season tomorrow. A cold front is moving in and the wind chill has a "feels-like" temp of 1. Nice warm fire in the fireplace. Feels good to reap the friuts of my labors. I will likely be out splitting wood and wondering why I'm not smart enough to be in the house by the fireplace.

It's going to be a bad winter ..in nw pa we are seeing temps below normal for this time of year already .the deer have been moving a lot more than normal before their rut ..they are getting fattened up because they know what's coming . Also Meteorologists have said the eastern us has had same storm patterns coming through as it did in 2010

I hear ya on the deer. I put fatso in the freezer a couple days ago. I don't mind the cold so much as the snow. Oh joy ... rapture ... a brutal winter.

Came in from hunting about a half hour ago and that 'feels like' thing should be changed to 'can't feel my toes like'. Tomorrow is gonna be just plain nasty.
The house is toasty though. :D
The small group I hunt with took three deer on Thursday, and I don't ever remember seeing so much fat layered up in them. The deer that is. Looks like it's gonna be a cold one for sure.

Supposed to be down to 16 here tonight and tomorrow night, not sure of the wind chill factor but its been blowing all day.

7 degrees and breezy here brrrrrrrr

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Tonight's forecast is calling for 2 degrees, 30-35 mph winds, and a -10 wind chill. Glad I got my deer this morning.

Cooooooold here in northeast Ohio.........but nice and toasty by the wood stove !!

We had 8° here this morning... managed 16° for a high... 11° right now with a windchill of 2°... lookin' for a low around -3° tonight.
The good news is... the house has been a steady 70-71° all day and I ain't put put a stick in the furnace since 10:00 AM (5:45 now).
I was outside all day finishing up some "pre-winter" chores... and it weren't nice out there.
With a predicted below-zero tonight I'm thinkin' no elm and walnut in the firebox before bed, I'll stoke it with two armloads of hard maple... besides, the oak is buried under the maple.
I hate to say it, but going on the temps this early... I better move another cord or so in the house before the snow comes.

18 deg and super duper windy (that's a technical term most people won't understand) today! I'm not ready for colder, but I know it coming fast.

I did manage to work up quite a sweat splitting though, so it was a good day.

Out here they're calling for a low of 19 tonight and a high of 26 tomorrow and a low of 14. Both days with steady winds over 20 mph. Currently the inside temp in the house is a solid 75 degrees with nothing but the fireplace running. :rock:

while not as cold as 1 it is a chilly 19 here right now. Dropping a few more to 15 during night. I am in love with my "new" wood stove. Getting rid of that fireplace is the best move I could have made. Our high today was 23. This morning I loaded the stove with 5 splits and fed it 3 more around noon. I actually let it go out because it was up to 74 in the house. Just re lit off good coals at 6:30 pm. I have the furnace gas valve off. The wood stove is heating the whole house. Got back from deer camp last sunday and put 100 lbs of venison in the freezer and today I canned 7 quarts and 10 pints of that high speed beef! Also I love the title of this post! LOL

I woke up to 13 this morning. Calling for 4 tonight with wind chill below zero. We did manage to top 18 this afternoon though.

Back