1 more wood cutting day, then knee fix again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dr that is doing th fixun lives in a log house, I thought about showing up with my 660 wearing its 36" bar and just let him know that if he messes up I KNOW where here lives and that his house looks like a bunch of firewood to me.
10 hours.........

Wee boys, he I go, leaving fer the Dr in about 45 min. YIkes#@^@^. I have to remember the log home comment though, looks like quality wood it is made of!

Ok it is over The surgery took 5 hours. Dr found all kinds of bad things, had a crack on my knee cap cartilage, cracked and broken cartilage on my femor, and reconstruct acl as well clean it out. Holy crap it hurts to move around. It is fine, no pain as long as I hold still and keep it in the little auto movement machine. More later, gotta go take a pill

No wonder it hurt so much! Sounds like he fixed everything! Heal up quick:cheers:

Ok it is over The surgery took 5 hours. Dr found all kinds of bad things, had a crack on my knee cap cartilage, cracked and broken cartilage on my femor, and reconstruct acl as well clean it out. Holy crap it hurts to move around. It is fine, no pain as long as I hold still and keep it in the little auto movement machine. More later, gotta go take a pill

It's a good thing you went in when you did. Better than having a new knee in a few more years because you didn't go in. By now it must really hurt but a few days down the road, you'll be feeling better. Are you happy that you had it done?

CRAP!!!

Your Doc went Huntin' for everything in season! LOL!!

Good to hear he tightened everything back up though, it saves on gas for repeat visits.:dizzy:

Glad to hear it went well.
Give it some time and patience and you'll wonder why ya didn't do it sooner.

At least you're past all the worring and fussing, so the rough part is over.:D

Heal quick!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Hey thanks guys! I was in real panic mode at the hospital they started asking me all these questions about anesthesia that I want and showed me thes motorized hamock that he has my leg in for about 18 hours a day and all these other little surprises yeeeesh I was a shaking fool. Dr took 5 hours in my knee rooting around. That is about 2-3 hours longer than anyone thought. He just kept finding things that were not on my big money mri. I went to the physical terrorist today, he was nothing short of amazed, I have enough strength to do straight leg lifts easy and could bend it to 100-110 degrees, hurt like heck but.... its going to have to bend anyway sooner or later right. pt guy was cringing, he quit pushing before I told him to stop. Yeowch. The poor ol knee is going to be fine, 2 weeks no weight at all, progress to 1 crutch and then start the strengthening. Going to be a long road, even in the fast lane. Pt guy got a little weird when I asked how many days till I can go cut firewood. I was actually "out" for 7 hours, had to put me back out when I woke up the first time, guess that I must have been hurting a tad as they gave my the good stuff and told my wife that he will be out for a while, come back later, I dont know what I said, but I musta hurt. I have a lot of answers to questions that I wish that I would have known to ask BEFORE. Well, she is a pounding again, I better go put it up. Thanks Again

Excellent news! :rockn: As mentioned above, good thing you went through with it now with all of that unknown damage.

I am not sure hoe I am going to get my chaps on over this brace?!?!?LOL
I think that they need to make some combo knee brace chaps, think that there is a market, I think some nice camo with red blood stains for a color scheme!! LOL huh... must be the pains pills:cheers:

Good to hear your donig OK. Dont push it,you dont want to mees up all that work the doc did. My Mom had a knee replacement and i was surprised how well she recovered. She had that leg bender thing its wild how it works.:cheers:

Hey Stihl--- now is a good time to have your wife buy you the new laptop you've been wanting. They are real sweet to use while kicked back in the recliner by the wood stove. Now if you can just get her to buy you a little bell to ring when you need sumpthin.......

We are keeping you in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery! Keep us posted!

I am getting soft already, I have been on the hide a bed since friday pm with my leg in the swing thing for about 20 hours a day. My wife loads the blaze king in the am and pm, the room is about 80+ all the time, now when I venture away from my nest I get the shivers like crazy, might be the pain meds but brrr 70 is freezing to me all the sudden. The leg is hurting like hell today, got pt in the am again..... ugh. It feels like a really really bad burn on the inside of my thigh, that is where the "harvested" the hamstring for the new acl, feels like the 660 with now new RSC tore into me.:cheers:

Do yourself a favor. Quit taking the perscription stuff as soon as you can. I only to the percocet for 1 & a half days. Then, nothing "moved" for 4 days. When it did it was like Slim Pickens in 1941.......I think i shat his boot...whole:D The next time I had a surgery, I filled the script, but never took any(hydros), just took advil instead.

RD

You gotta learn how to take those meds. I've had so many surgeries in the last 8 years I have learned how to deal with these new pain meds.

If you have pain, have a few stiff JD and coke. Once you get a really good buzz and don't feel much (if any) pain, take the pain killer (oxycontin,hydrocodone,oxycodone,WHATEVER). You will wake up 8 to 12 hours later and have no pain, have normal bowel movements and be happy. JD is a proven remedy for pain and constipation. And it's a lot cheaper than the drugs. Just DON'T take JD with Vicadin, you will puke your guts out.

This does work. You have to figure out the right balance of JD and pain killer to make it work for yourself. For me at 185 pounds it is 7 shots of JD in 2 hours and 1 oxycodone before bedtime.

You gotta learn how to take those meds. I've had so many surgeries in the last 8 years I have learned how to deal with these new pain meds.

If you have pain, have a few stiff JD and coke. Once you get a really good buzz and don't feel much (if any) pain, take the pain killer (oxycontin,hydrocodone,oxycodone,WHATEVER). You will wake up 8 to 12 hours later and have no pain, have normal bowel movements and be happy. JD is a proven remedy for pain and constipation. And it's a lot cheaper than the drugs. Just DON'T take JD with Vicadin, you will puke your guts out.

This does work. You have to figure out the right balance of JD and pain killer to make it work for yourself. For me at 185 pounds it is 7 shots of JD in 2 hours and 1 oxycodone before bedtime.

:cheers:

Back