$100.00 Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKDriveSprocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was walking the dogs the other day and notice in someones back yard someone got a new log splitter. Well right beside it there was a old splitter. Well I had to go ask if he wanted to get rid of the old one and if so how much. He said $100.00, I said sold. I say,I`ll go get my trailer and he goes,you don`t like the trailer it is on? I say does the trailer go with it? He goes sure, and I go great, I`ll go get my my truck. Then he goes, where do you live? I say right around the corner and down the road. He goes that tire looks a little low let me put air in it and I`ll tow it with my 4-wheeler and bring it to your house. WOW!

It needs a new engine but it has a 5x32 1/2 inch ram with a 16gpm pump on it. My question is, is 16 gpm good enough for that big of ram? Here is some pics of it.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thats a ripper mate:clap: And for $100 you can't go wrong, a new engine on that and your laughing.
That pump will be fine with that ram and it won't be slow, won't be fast either but it'll do exactly what you want.
Check to see if its got a detent return valve on it, if not consider getting one, they speed the process up considerably.
Also a table on the end saves a lot of bending over picking up pieces off the ground.
Have fun with your new toy.

Rob

:jawdrop: $100 for the splitter is incredible, but the trailer too?? You should be in handcuffs for stealing it:clap:

:jawdrop: $100 for the splitter is incredible, but the trailer too?? You should be in handcuffs for stealing it:clap:

Wow!! I'll send you some money. Buy me a lotto ticket and I'll split it with ya. So you got a good deal on the trailer and he gave you the splitter for free...

Way to Go!! Nice find!!

Me personally, I would build a new frame and axle for it and use that trailer to haul wood!! That little trailer alone looks to be worth 100 bucks!

I'll give you $150 right now !!!! Of course, you will also need to deliver it. :monkey:

Great score though........ that never happens to me. :cry:

Me personally, I would build a new frame and axle for it and use that trailer to haul wood!! That little trailer alone looks to be worth 100 bucks!

:agree2: with Bluestem, build a new running gear for the splitter and put some sides on the trailer and use it to haul your wood. It looks like a good old setup .

Rep sent for a steal of a deal.

Beefie

Sounds like you made a new friend, and a good one. Folks that helpful are not so easy to find anymore. Have fun and check out the Chinese Greyhound (Honda knockoff) Engines at Harbor Freight, they are getting decent reviews.

Heck of a buy, that splitter will do all you want it to do. I've had good luck with a Chinese knockoff motor on a water pump, it's going on three years and still fires up on the first pull. You got yourself and outstanding buy, just price out the components. Rep sent!

Only issue with snow blower engines is that most of them, that I have seen, don't have an air filter. I had to rig up a filter for mine before I could use it.

If you can rig up something then you are in buisness! I took the filter off a 6hp and after I took all the carb warming box etc off it bolted on upside down.

Latest posts

Back