100 cords of FREE oak firewood! NoVA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The slope along the side of the house is a angled side slope, if you used a sled it would side into the neighbor's yard. It would suck to push a wheelbarrow along that even in dry conditions but it could be done if you really needed the wood. In mud forget it.

I lived there for 30 years.

NOVA = congestion, traffic, overcrowding, syrocketing exorbitant taxes, urban blight.

Nice place!

Ok here are the pics, couldn't figure out how to put make them show up on post. I will need to look at the picture section for help. In the pictures it looks like the row is longer than it really is. Its only 40 ft. long.

Ok here are the pics, couldn't figure out how to put make them show up on post. I will need to look at the picture section for help. In the pictures it looks like the row is longer than it really is. Its only 40 ft. long.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There's a bunch of wood there. Not a 100 cord, but still... free. Roll them down the hill. gravity is your friend.

Who cares if its one or a thousand cords? Hell if its free, the man has a good heart. Give him credit for that.

Regardless, it's free wood whether it's 1 cord or 100 cord or 100 pieces.
So while you're laughing at someone's misunderstanding of a cord, remember those of us who will take whatever we can get, wherever we can get it :cheers:

Indeed. More than enough to fill your pickup truck there, and somebody has already bucked it to log length for you. You just need to shlep it to the truck, haul it home, and split it. If the ground freezes at night, you could do it with a lawn tractor and garden cart. To somebody without free access to a woodlot it would be a fantastic deal.

I would haul it out for $500.00 and sell it to someone with an OWB for $250.00.. no one I know will burn the tulip poplar inside the house. only good for OWB. Wouldn't even consider taking it for free.

"sometimes the best deal is the deal you didn't get! " Donald Trump

I just came in from my NoVa back yard. You're going to need snowshoes just for the mud. Good luck with a wheel barrel, even if it has one of those balloon tires.

Okay it's not 100 cords but for free it is a nice haul. Thanks for the pics of the pile maybe one day I'll figure out how to post some pics if I get around to it.:cheers:

Back