100 Degree Club 15-16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I posted the wind chill I guess I missed the c, I was on by phone...but this mornings temp was a solid -34 F. It has since "warmed up" to -15 F, t shirt weather.....

What kind of BTU maker are you using?

0204151426abnm.jpg

Here's my ash maker. Built locally and came with the property, 12 years for me and no big issues just a few tweaks. Heats house and the shop no problem.

This 100 degree club is easy for me if it is 0 degrees F out. Woodburner room is 118F if I load the stove and give it 2.5 hours. Rest of the house ranges from 80F to 9oF if we don't pay attention to draft management, or the afternoon sun. The wife prefers it real warm.

Still at 50 degree club, 30 outside, 80 in here. Should hit 60 degree club early dark morning when I add to the overnight coals when I get up. Haven't had single digits outside yet this year, did hit the teens a few times. El Nino weather guessers were correct so far for our region, warmer and wet. Ya'all polar vortex eskeemeuxs have fun!

-13F (-34.6F w/wind chill) and 72F inside. First real cold temp of winter, kinda unusual. Should expect colder temps in few hours (-18.4F / -40F WC)

Still in the mid 30s here. Just cold enough to keep the ice and ground froze. We don't even have any snow.

only 90 for me -12F out and 78 inside stove wide open.

Yeah, I'd be melting!
I keep my house at about 70* and the shop is usually around 60ish.

Hola .... that's a bit warm...

In the 40s here, I doubt we will see any below zero temps again till next winter. Hardly had any this winter even.

And heading into the deep freeze again after being 38 f, +8 c Friday....to this

View attachment 488974

That's not actual temperature.
temp_zps7f6gy67e.png

Doesn't look like I will make it this year. Haven't had the cold temperatures like the past couple years.

I will never qualify. It seldom ever gets below 0ºF here and no way am I going to warm the house enough above that for any reason. Heck, in summer I have the AC on at about 80ºF.

Back