100 degree club of '17/'18 heating season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
havent joined it yet but maybe tonight if I get the stove a bit warm. currently its -15 still outside and 78 in the room by the stove and computer where I spend most of my time. calling for -18 tonight so we will see

I'm not at the cabin but they've see over -20 several times already so if we were there we'd have joined as it's always over 80 near the furnace.

Ya, I’m in the club... and going to be in it every night for a week ...

We went very deep into the buring season just below 32, amazinly halfway through December, to 32 below in a few days ...
we were in the low 40'sF a week ago today. Even last week we were hovering around the freezing mark. now today the high we hit during the daylight hours was -7F

still hovering at the _17 here and a quiet 6 mph wind at11:42 pm.... and + 86 degrees in the long tin house....
You too ehh? Did you put your woodstove in the middle of the house? When dad did the install on the first burner in this trailer 20 years ago he stuck it in the south end. Used to be the dinning room but when mom split so did the table, chairs, and any reason to have a sit down meal. Thought many times of moving the placement but the living room is all carpeted.

-15 this am but only 74 in the house. Coulda fired up the pellet stove and made it but that sounded like work. Have to settle for the 89 club.

You too ehh? Did you put your woodstove in the middle of the house? When dad did the install on the first burner in this trailer 20 years ago he stuck it in the south end. Used to be the dinning room but when mom split so did the table, chairs, and any reason to have a sit down meal. Thought many times of moving the placement but the living room is all carpeted.
10'x20' porch/addition on the front door which is lower than the mobile home floor plan and a fan in a crawl space opening to heat the under side.... we leave the inside entry door open to circulate the heat through the home....

havent joined it yet but maybe tonight if I get the stove a bit warm. currently its -15 still outside and 78 in the room by the stove and computer where I spend most of my time. calling for -18 tonight so we will see

I think I made that inside that house once. Outside temp was about -20 and I got a little carried away with loading the stove. Had to open some windows for a while.

sounds normal around here ..... stove purring hot and the lower door wide open? lol the wife likes it chilly and the hotter the better for myself short of a sauna sweat(85* to 90*)
We always rearranged the living seating in the winter, wife next to the stove and me on the opposite side of the room. Bedroom was always kept cool but wife said I put out more heat than the stove anyway

We always rearranged the living seating in the winter, wife next to the stove and me on the opposite side of the room. Bedroom was always kept cool but wife said I put out more heat than the stove anyway
lol !! my furnace has been on piolet for the last 5 years ... so no heat coming from me even tho I have plenty of snow on the roof???

I'm like a furnace when I sleep as well. I bet I burn 1000 calories in my sleep judging by the heat my body produces at night. I do my best sleeping this time of year when my bedroom can actually be cool enough for me to be comfortable. All summer is naked and a fan on. Funny thing is I can work outside in 100+ degree weather and be comfortable too as long as its not too humid. Come nightfall, my body sheds all that heat

We haven't seen cold temps this year. Coldest that I've seen was early in November and was just barely below zero. Was "brrrr" today, single digit temps.

Not horrible for working outside all day, though it's where getting some of the equipment fired up and moving starts to be a fight. Was 7* at the shop, 3* out at the logging job.
Was either last year or the year before it was -28* a few days before Christmas (It popped up on my Facebook). Couple weeks ago it was in the 40s and everything was mud!

We haven't seen cold temps this year. Coldest that I've seen was early in November and was just barely below zero. Was "brrrr" today, single digit temps.

Not horrible for working outside all day, though it's where getting some of the equipment fired up and moving starts to be a fight. Was 7* at the shop, 3* out at the logging job.
Was either last year or the year before it was -28* a few days before Christmas (It popped up on my Facebook). Couple weeks ago it was in the 40s and everything was mud!
Lucky... I'm currently sitting at -17 again just before I stuff the stove for the last time. May join the 100* club over night if the stove takes off really well when I'm sleeping but I wont see it.

I'm like a furnace when I sleep as well. I bet I burn 1000 calories in my sleep judging by the heat my body produces at night. I do my best sleeping this time of year when my bedroom can actually be cool enough for me to be comfortable. All summer is naked and a fan on. Funny thing is I can work outside in 100+ degree weather and be comfortable too as long as its not too humid. Come nightfall, my body sheds all that heat
My wife is the furnace. We keep our bedroom thermostat at 62.

Back