100 degree difference club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there needs to be a special trip to band camp for anyone who counts wind chill just because :D

Oh, I think windchill is countable... if you're standing outdoors in the wind.
But if you're standing indoors, lookin' at the thermostat and thermometer while scratchin' your nutz... not so countable.

- 5°+75°=80°. I'm nowhere close.:( Which really don't hurt my feelings that bad.:D

we had -28 and i had the house at 72 attempting to thaw out some pipes. thats an even 100 right there. never gave it any thought till just now. thats a big difference in temps for an old cruddy trailer house

Oh, I think windchill is countable... if you're standing outdoors in the wind.
But if you're standing indoors, lookin' at the thermostat and thermometer while scratchin' your nutz... not so countable.

What if ya only got one nut to scratch?

-14 outside (NO windchill for the whiners), 76 inside. There's 90 degrees.

...and I was outdoors in the wind.
1532074_10152095874889043_331638199_n.jpg

-14 outside 73 inside :( I bet there wasn't many deer taken today. 3rd day of the Ohio muzzle loader season...LOL

-25 this morning, house at 72, not quite 100. Bowhunted yesterday for couple hours in the afternoon til dusk, was up in a hemlock and there was no wind, had multiple layers on and was not too bad, came in and thermometer said -7; couple of deer but never got closer than 60 yards.

I was 4° off this morning at -28/68. That's on my I/O thermometer, which is upstairs in the living room. Had it been downstairs by the stove, I'd have been well above 100, but that's just my official thermometer spot, not close to the stove, and not clear in the corner by a window.

Funny thing with the IO thermometers, you gotta read the package close, many of em the outside probe is only good down to 0, had to buy one like that before I found out the hard way. I really want a big fancy weather station hooked to the computer someday, but it's not a priority, so it's on the back burner for the foreseeable future.

-14°F outside today for most of the day, inside saw 84°F. Another 98°F club member! Supposed to be -20°F tonight, so we'll see what we can do in the morning. Supposed to be 38°F and rain this weekend. :clap:

We had -17 the other day but no way am I heating my house up to 80+ degrees. 74 is hot enough for me.
So that puts me in the wanna be club of 91.

-12 this morning.

What if ya only got one nut to scratch?
Just use one hand...

-14 outside (NO windchill for the whiners), 76 inside. There's 90 degrees.
...and I was outdoors in the wind.
Yesterday it was -14°, windchill around -50°, when the call came in... wireless communications for one of the local banks down. The "suspect" radio was mounted on top of a 220 ft. concrete grain silo, about 10 miles away... I was busy with a police car radio so my brother went.
LOL
He didn't look so good when he returned... and if you would'a tried tellin' him that windchill don't count... LOL... no doubt he'd've broken your jaw‼
He went up there and screwed around for near a ½ hour... couldn't find anything wrong. So he went back down to his van and warm-up, call the bank, tell 'em it might take a little longer than expected. Seems the system had come back up on its own, 'bout 5 minutes after it went down, but they had neglected to call back and tell him that... he was ready to break anyones jaw‼ (No way to know for sure, but I'm bettin', at 220 ft in the air, windchill was closer to -100° than it was to -50°.)

That happened mid-morning... he still looked cold at the end of the day‼

I suppose it could be worse! Our little 16" of snow paralyzed our wimpy town. The govt offices even closed down. Seems like everyone is a wimp nowadays! I can't imagine going through this again! ( I don't remember I was 4)

I am happy to report that I am in the 50 degree club, +17. +67. This is very cold for my little bit of heaven. This thread and the blizzard video is making me cold. I need more coffee.

we had -28 and i had the house at 72 attempting to thaw out some pipes. thats an even 100 right there. never gave it any thought till just now. thats a big difference in temps for an old cruddy trailer house
same yesterday for me!! tho I had it to 73,,before I turned it down a bit!!

Back