• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 101 mcculloch kart saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I want a 101b for my 790 will pay shipping what ever it takes the quest for 101b has been tough specially down here in nz got onto some one on face book said he had 101b saw showed me picture removable head two dimples like chainsawguy said payed a lot over 1500 usd when it got here it was 790 alest I got 790 out off it still telling my wife it’s the 101b the greatest saw ever

You don't need a 101B, All of the 101 motors are great candidates for a good saw build.
The early 101 introduced in 1967 is the least desirable, But the 101A, 101AA, 101B, 101C,
101D and 101M/C are all great motors.

You don't need a 101B, All of the 101 motors are great candidates for a good saw build.
The early 101 introduced in 1967 is the least desirable, But the 101A, 101AA, 101B, 101C,
I will settle for what I can get in the 101 series do they all have the 2 transfer ports and the removable head

Hi I want a 101b for my 790 will pay shipping what ever it takes the quest for 101b has been tough specially down here in nz got onto some one on face book said he had 101b saw showed me picture removable head two dimples like chainsawguy said payed a lot over 1500 usd when it got here it was 790 alest I got 790 out off it still telling my wife it’s the 101b the greatest saw ever

I would recommend watching ebay and asking sellers if they'll ship internationally. A former member (McBob) imported many kart motors to Australia and built a dozen kartsaws that I'm aware of.

It's very tough to get members here to let loose of such things because everyone is looking for them and it takes a long time to get these in your hands. I have standing orders for at least
four kart engines plus as many kartsaws as I'm willing to build and sell, which I'm not selling any of mine.

Thank for info and reply

There's a saw conversion 101AA engine right now on fle bey. Reworked but disassembled just about all there. Needs bearings and seals. Check it out... McCulloch's are music to my ears...

I know where a running sp125 is with a cart motor in it. Owner wants a lot for it though.

It's this saw here

Thanks for info iv been getting info off arborists site for years and it’s a privilege or thanks

I know where a running sp125 is with a cart motor in it. Owner wants a lot for it though.

It's this saw here

Wow that saw famous I’ve watched that video a lot off times all the 101b video that I can find remember hoss I use to watch he’s video back in the day

Owner of that saw is a local friend of mine. Picked it up $75! Can you believe that! Said some kid just wanted cash. Sent it down to West Coast and found out it had the kart motor in it. I've had plenty of smoking deals come my way but nothing like that.

Owner of that saw is a local friend of mine. Picked it up $75! Can you believe that! Said some kid just wanted cash. Sent it down to West Coast and found out it had the kart motor in it. I've had plenty of smoking deals come my way but nothing like that.
Wow can’t even get a 10 10 for that these days

Everything you order from America has import tax didn’t before only if you spent over 500 now a little nut and bolt got import tax it’s daylight robbery no import tax wen you order from some were else there even charging the Americans from the USA

It will bolt right in but there are a couple obstacles. The main issue is the stuffer
as the long stroke of a 101 will hit the stuffer on a short stroke motor. Also the
side cover with the points is for a super series motor so will need to use a super
series fan housing. I have never done one in a front tank but this is what I see as
being an issue.
I won bare bone 101aa block off eBay after a lot off research on aboristsite it appears that I can use Mcculloch 125 crank and shaft will my 790 side cover work and will 90 series head fit its a lot to get my head around my bore is 2.320

Back