$110 A Barrel $4 Gallon For Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bush administration has been an easy scape goat for everything from oil prices to vd. People need to grow up and realize the world we live in today is nothing like it was even 15 years ago. If you want the easy way out and want to point the finger at one cause of high oil prices, point it at the Chi-coms. It all supply and demand. Opec is producing at nearly 100 percent. Can not get anymore oil from them. If you want to do something about supply, write your weenie congressman and have them lift the stupid regulations on gas formulations and let oil companies drill off shore and in alaska. You bush haters truly show your ignorance of world issues because you are blinded by your hate for one man. You have been spoon feed by lefties and have no idea what you believe in.

DITTO HOCKYPUCK:greenchainsaw:

tHIS FORUM WENT WIERD

tHOSE OF YOU WHO THINK THAT IRAN IS NOT IN SEACH OF NUKES.......RAISE YOUR HAND.O.K. THOSE OF YOU WHO BELIEVE THE LATEST {AHEMMMM} INTELL,THAT SAYS THEY HAVENT BEEN SEEKING URAINIUM TO NUKE UP RAISE YOUR HAND.........FIGHT EM THERE OR FIGHT EM HERE....YOU DECIDE . SADDAM ACTED LIKE HE HAD CHEMICAL WEAPONS,ACHME DDDEEED DEE JIHAD ACTS LIKE HES BEEN ,AND WILL CONTINUE TO(AN ADMERAL BUSH HATER HIMSELF}SEEK THE TECHNOLGIES THAT WILL ALLOW HIM TOO TOO TOO ,,,,,JUST THINK ABOUT IT.THEY DO NOT CARE WHO ,WHAT, OR WHERE THE CAN KILL ! SAADAM PROVED IT WITH HIS KURDISH NIEGHBORS ,DIDNT HE.?......WANNA GIVE IRAN THE CHANCE TO NUKE UP.......JUST HOPE YOU DONT LIVE NEAR ISREAL. GOD BLESS G.W. AND HIS COMMOM SENSE.........P.S. CHEAVES IS A PUSS A LARGER VERSION OF JESSE JACKSON

Last edited:
Spell "TAX".
The U.S. pays 1/2 what you pay in Canada. It is 4x-6X that in Europe and Japan. Again: taxes to pay for all the benefits :confused: you and they think they're getting. :clap:
Then again, Brazil has all that Ethanol to save the planet. :confused:
Now Chavez, that's another ballgame: Can you spell "DICTATOR" ? :angry2:

+1

Go spend a year in baghdad to fight bushes war then come talk to me about why I despise the bush amin, not hate.

A roller skating rink is what we need.

Last edited:
skip over the oil based economy and save what oil we have for petrochemicals, plastics, medicines and chainsaws---go to wind, hydrogen and nuclear for transportation, heat and electric power---the jihad bs will fold in a matter of months without American money

Probably <1% of us do...

I don't know. Almost everyone I know in Northern Michigan would go for that, but as a whole I know you're right.

That was our idea when we were young and the 'Nam was on. Just pull our guys and make a parking lot out of it...............but it was too swampy there. Iraq would be more stable..............

'Nuke their ass and take their gas"

Semper Fi and thanks no matter what branch you served with. Freakin politicians don't have a single hair on their butts...........

:deadhorse:
I don't know. Almost everyone I know in Northern Michigan would go for that, but as a whole I know you're right.

That was our idea when we were young and the 'Nam was on. Just pull our guys and make a parking lot out of it...............but it was too swampy there. Iraq would be more stable..............

'Nuke their ass and take their gas"

Semper Fi and thanks no matter what branch you served with. Freakin politicians don't have a single hair on their butts...........

you mean on their azz

Two things on Oil. First OPEC is producing at close to 100%. Even if they drilled more and local, Would not make a difference.

We Don't Burn Crud Oil! We Burn Refined Oil: Oil, Gas, Diesel, etc.

We have millions of barrels of oil here in the country already. WHAT WE DON'T HAVE ARE REFINERIES!!!!

We haven't built a new refinery since...I honestly don't know. However our Oil Consumption has more than doubled. Have you ever heard of a factory that didn't expand to keep up with demand? NEVER! Yet this is EXACTLY what is going on with our oil.

Yes, we need to conserve, and I think EVERYONE here on the forum is doing a great job! Some could do better, but the majority of us are heating with a renewable resource...Wood!

However, we also need to increase our ability to refine Crude Oil

YES, other countries PAY WAY MORE than we do. Then Again, There are still Other Countries THAT PAY WAY LESS than us!

Taxes make up a big part of our Price Per Gallon. I can save a Dollar per Gallon by driving across the State Line. Makes No Sense!

FINALLY: Why did VERMONT stop a Wind Farm? Why don't Homeowners have better access to Alternate Energy Sources like the Commercial guys do? POLITICS BABY!

And Lastly I leave you with this: Take a look, you will find it very interesting. There are a few who want Oil Prices to continue to rise. Why? They are Invested in the Crude Oil Market. See, OPEC isn't the only ones getting rich off oil!

CLOSE THE ENRON LOOPHOLE NOW

The story behind the $100 per barrel oil:

"An independent trader 'seeking his moment of fame' caused oil prices to hit unprecendented levels of $100-a-barrel yesterday following a single deal.

The buyer, who was trading on his own money bought 1,000 barrels of crude oil from a colleague, which is the minimum allowed.

Strangely, he then sold then back almost immediately, making a loss of $600. The move left industry insiders questioning the reasons behind the deal.

Stephen Schork, a former trader at Nymex and editor of the oil market Schork Report told the Financial Times: "A local trader just spent about $600 in a trading loss to buy the right to tell his grandchildren he was the one who did it.

"Probably he is framing right now the print reflecting the trade," he added."

if carter or clinton was still in office there would be a lot #####ing . since old bushy wishy in there oh its not his fault . it is the government: job to protect the people. 110 a barrel is not protection. some body run this guy down.

if carter or clinton was still in office there would be a lot #####ing . since old bushy wishy in there oh its not his fault . it is the government: job to protect the people. 110 a barrel is not protection. some body run this guy down.

Crude Oil in the USA is traded on the Open Market. Bush, Nor, Clinton, nor Carter can control it UNLESS we get our lawmakers to:

http://www.closetheenronloophole.com/

As the other poster detailed the exact story behind $100 per barrel. 1 man caused all the hype. All the hype drives the market UP! He might have lost $600 in this specific deal, but he probable made that back in his other holdings of Crude Oil.

Yes, A LOT of our Foreign Policies are tied into ulterior motives, but that has little to do with whom ever is president. Think about it guys: The longest our Presidents are in Power is 8 years! THIS GAME has been going on since the founding of our country. It starts at the local level (town government) and goes all the way up the ladder!

If it makes you feel better, Blame One Man! But, this country IS NOT a Kingdom. We have Congress, The Senate, Legislators, Governors, Supervisors and many others who ALL have a hand in the policies of our country both hear at home and abroad.

Fact of the matter is that Most Presidents have very little time to get their policies in place and working before they leave office let alone Control our Country!

A Great Example of this is the 9-11 funding. The government set up a fund to help States and Cities offset the major cost of protecting its self from Terrorist. Many of our LOCAL elected government officials saw this a a CASH COW. Millions from this fund were being sent to Farmers and Rural areas (nothing against farmers, I aspire to be one some day in retirement) for terrorist protection. Compare this with Know Terrorist Targets that were getting less! Take a Look at the NYC police department and see how they compare to your local cities police dept. We have New Years Eve, The Tree Lighting, The Thanksgiving Day parade, Fourth of July and literally countless other events where millions of people gather in a SMALL area. The police are in charge of not only keeping everyone Orderly, but to insure no one is carrying a bomb, gun, chemicals and so on. This is done by having police in the air, on the buildings in strategic locations, on the street, underground as well as undercover to learn of terrorist plots before they happen, counter intelligence. The technology this one department has to deploy rivals that of many foreign militaries.

So how did small towns in Upstate NY, the Mid West and the South get the same amount as NYC? Politics! The legislators of those areas fought for it and got it. They didn't need it, but they knew if they could SCORE this money, they were going to get re-elected!

I am not saying Bush is Great, and I am not saying he is Bad. I put more of the blame on my local government because that is what affects us more EVERY DAY than anything else.

It is easy to Blame the Boss, but if you want change, start at the Bottoms and Work your way up. REMEMBER ELECTIONS are coming up. My take is that IF YOU DON'T VOTE...YOU DON'T GET TO COMPLAIN!

Also keep in mind, YOU DON'T CHOOSE THE NEXT PRESIDENT! Your Elected Officials Do! We might get to vote, but the president is not elected On Our Vote!

My take is that IF YOU DON'T VOTE...YOU DON'T GET TO COMPLAIN!

Buddy of mine said that voting is like picking your favorite mosquito out of the swarm. There are no good candidates in this presidential election.

Huckabee... it scares me that folk would elect a Southern Baptist preacher as commander in chief.

Obama... junior congressman without the experience who wants to "talk" with those idiots in the middle east who blow themselves up for religious reasons. You can't reason with a zealot.

Clinton... we've had 8 years of that already, she's just more of the same

Romney... just not very interesting, power hungry

Edwards... ambulance chasing, cut throat lawyer (altho my wife seems to think that his "cut throat" qualities might help him get things done.)

None of them impress me as a leader.

At best, If I vote, will be voting for who I see as least damaging, not someone who I can actually support and get excited about. Hard to motivate myself to go vote under those conditions. I am very disappointed with the people that have stepped up to be presidential candidates. Of course, who in their right minds would want to be president.

The bottom line is that if there were anyone running that would actually want to enact some kind of change, the congress and senate would tie their hands. The president can only sign what they send him/her and they're all about their own agendas and pleasing their supporters.

Ian

Oh.. and back on topic... we need to invest heavily in a practical replacement for petroleum and tap the offshore reserves and Alaska as a stopgap solution till the alternative is found.

Last edited:
There are a number of contributing factors for the high price of oil but the main one is the easy low cost easy to process high EROEI oil is pretty much gone. Slap on the dollar halving in value vs most other benchmark currencies, Lack of refineries to refine lower grade crudes and environmentalism which curbed industry expansion, free world trade thus a bidding war for the resources and consistent project delays.

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood

I like your thinking. I have thought the same thing in the last three presidential elections.

Any you are 100% correct on the Congress, Senate Issue tying hands. THAT is why it is important that we start the change locally. We need Senators and Congressmen who REPRESENT US. Not their Special Interests.

I am all for Term Limits in Congress and Senate as well. Keep then fresh and new and they will never learn all the Back Dealing that goes on behind OUR backs!

A friend of mine who was a fairly high ranking "political officer" in an aviation union said they had a guy that was honestly interested in change and his motto was, "I'll make a difference or I won't run again" (or something to that effect) He was elected by a landslide. Six months later, he had a press release that he would serve out his term but was not running again. His reason? "There's nothing but a bunch of crooks up here."

Ian

Are you serious? I think the main steam media has had its cross hairs on bush for over 6 years now. Bush does not get any "benefits of the doubts" . Go back a few posts and read. Your hatred for one man does not help you understand the real world, it only clouds it.

Latest posts

Back