$110 A Barrel $4 Gallon For Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted Kennedy doesn't want wind power on the cape.

skip over the oil based economy and save what oil we have for petrochemicals, plastics, medicines and chainsaws---go to wind, hydrogen and nuclear for transportation, heat and electric power---the jihad bs will fold in a matter of months without American money

he says the windmills are ugly and would ruin the yuppies views. so much for the dems being green! why didn't AlGore go after him for this?oh yeah,he's busy flying around in his gas guzzling,inefficient private jet made in 1977.oh well,at least they stopped the war and brought the troops home.

i don't get Huckabee either

Buddy of mine said that voting is like picking your favorite mosquito out of the swarm. There are no good candidates in this presidential election.

Huckabee... it scares me that folk would elect a Southern Baptist preacher as commander in chief.

Obama... junior congressman without the experience who wants to "talk" with those idiots in the middle east who blow themselves up for religious reasons. You can't reason with a zealot.

Clinton... we've had 8 years of that already, she's just more of the same

Romney... just not very interesting, power hungry

Edwards... ambulance chasing, cut throat lawyer (altho my wife seems to think that his "cut throat" qualities might help him get things done.)

None of them impress me as a leader.

At best, If I vote, will be voting for who I see as least damaging, not someone who I can actually support and get excited about. Hard to motivate myself to go vote under those conditions. I am very disappointed with the people that have stepped up to be presidential candidates. Of course, who in their right minds would want to be president.

The bottom line is that if there were anyone running that would actually want to enact some kind of change, the congress and senate would tie their hands. The president can only sign what they send him/her and they're all about their own agendas and pleasing their supporters.

Ian

Oh.. and back on topic... we need to invest heavily in a practical replacement for petroleum and tap the offshore reserves and Alaska as a stopgap solution till the alternative is found.

he seems shady as the rest.i'd never vote for anyone from the northeast either.i don't want to see the rest of the country a criminal friendly land of handouts and gay marriage safehavens.

How do you think I feel. I am from new hampshire. We used to laugh at states like Mass. because of their moronic laws and ideological persuasion. Now we are Mass.

he says the windmills are ugly and would ruin the yuppies views. so much for the dems being green! why didn't AlGore go after him for this?oh yeah,he's busy flying around in his gas guzzling,inefficient private jet made in 1977.oh well,at least they stopped the war and brought the troops home.

This was Vermonts take as well. The Green State? I guess only if it suits them. We need more windmill Farms. I'd rather look at them than all the Utility Poles, The 3 domed Nuclear Power Plant (Indian Pint) on the Hudson or the Coal Power Plants everywhere!

Ya know what really SUCKS!

Over 15 years ago I had this idea: Capture the current in rivers and oceans. I had the idea, had no idea how to do it. Well some genius figured it out. We now have an Under Water power plant in the Long Island Sound. Of course, the Fish People are furious! Some will become Chum if they get sucked into it. Actually they don't they just get dizzy. Damn thing just SITS on the bottom with weights. No Drilling, Damning, Can't even see them! And people still have problems with it.

I worked on a guys house that sits on top of a hill. The constant wind up there is so strong! If it is calm everywhere else, its about a 20moh steady breeze up there. Their entire house is Electric, yet they refuse to install a windmill, oh, Wind Turbine. Says they are too noisy. WHAT? Can't hear you that damn wind is blowing too hard :laugh:

Yeah but thats ok, hes got the money to buy carbon credits.

This was Vermonts take as well. The Green State? I guess only if it suits them. We need more windmill Farms. I'd rather look at them than all the Utility Poles, The 3 domed Nuclear Power Plant (Indian Pint) on the Hudson or the Coal Power Plants everywhere!

Ya know what really SUCKS!

Over 15 years ago I had this idea: Capture the current in rivers and oceans. I had the idea, had no idea how to do it. Well some genius figured it out. We now have an Under Water power plant in the Long Island Sound. Of course, the Fish People are furious! Some will become Chum if they get sucked into it. Actually they don't they just get dizzy. Damn thing just SITS on the bottom with weights. No Drilling, Damning, Can't even see them! And people still have problems with it.

I worked on a guys house that sits on top of a hill. The constant wind up there is so strong! If it is calm everywhere else, its about a 20moh steady breeze up there. Their entire house is Electric, yet they refuse to install a windmill, oh, Wind Turbine. Says they are too noisy. WHAT? Can't hear you that damn wind is blowing too hard :laugh:

those water turbines are very effeicent.A 4 knot tide on them is equal to hurricane force winds on windmills.Companies want to install them in the Bay of fundy and sell the power to New England but it is not finalized because of opposing views from people and lobster fisherman in Nova Scotia.

Latest posts

Back