'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok new piston on, no base gasket sitting at .034” squish.

116 ext
132 Tran
78 int

Gonna take off .016” and see where that lands in numbers wise.

Attachments

• 263DC9F7-E6DC-4D99-92E6-E16285017EAB.jpeg
    263DC9F7-E6DC-4D99-92E6-E16285017EAB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • B2471CD0-61F9-4A61-B579-CF2306D61F3D.jpeg
    B2471CD0-61F9-4A61-B579-CF2306D61F3D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Was just looking back threw my PMs with deaves and he took .020 off mine and ended up at .014. So .016 should get you close to what you want. No squish band mods on mine.

Progressions of the muffler mod awaiting cyl to come back.

Attachments

• 6DA02068-F513-47A0-BFDD-B3D26C22F29B.jpeg
    6DA02068-F513-47A0-BFDD-B3D26C22F29B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • B2000AC5-DDB7-4980-8A52-6D76B5A55CCB.jpeg
    B2000AC5-DDB7-4980-8A52-6D76B5A55CCB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • AF159233-F5BC-483D-BE07-70543362DF32.jpeg
    AF159233-F5BC-483D-BE07-70543362DF32.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
What numbers did you come up with for the one you were working on?
Got the base cut by Rattler and is it sitting in pieces ready to port. I haven’t made up my mind yet or had time to mess with it but I’ll update when I do. Did get a full wrap on the 600P and it’s cutting like a champ!

Good old 600P (muffler mod and tune/CS620 wrap and 20” bar) and the new dual port for the 590 in the works... should breathe well!

Attachments

• B868B69E-D69C-445D-9EEC-609CE479E633.jpeg
    B868B69E-D69C-445D-9EEC-609CE479E633.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • B6D4D502-0000-4AAB-B667-F4826100ECB2.jpeg
    B6D4D502-0000-4AAB-B667-F4826100ECB2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Some day I'll drop the coin for the full wrap for the 590.

Is that an aluminum rod sticking up in the 590 muff pic?

Some day I'll drop the coin for the full wrap for the 590.

Is that an aluminum rod sticking up in the 590 muff pic?

Fire extinguisher hose and a propane heating element in the back... neither are attached to the muffler lmao

Hey so I cracked my rear handle vibe mount on my 620p. So I was going about taking it off and the damn handle is not coming off the case. How does this thing come off to replace it. I went and bout the full wrap for the saw too. Figured might as well.

Attachments

• 00B65364-E51C-46C1-83ED-664CE12C33D0.jpeg
    00B65364-E51C-46C1-83ED-664CE12C33D0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 29730B77-C55C-454D-A129-D07DE6595B4D.jpeg
    29730B77-C55C-454D-A129-D07DE6595B4D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Yo
Hey so I cracked my rear handle vibe mount on my 620p. So I was going about taking it off and the damn handle is not coming off the case. How does this thing come off to replace it. I went and bout the full wrap for the saw too. Figured might as well.
u have to take all (6 I believe) t27s off and their is a keeper torx on the left side you have to take off or you’ll never get it apart

I know this thread is very old, and this is also my first post.
So I'll go ahead and introduce myself too...
Name's David, I'm in MID(dle of nowhere) MO and own a Construction Co. I have a beautiful wife, and 7 year old daughter, we live in a wood heated earth contact on 15 acres of wooded heaven. Have 2 wood heated shops I enjoy being in when I can. Enjoy woodworking, building anything and everything, enjoy building and fireing things that go bang, enjoy small engine tinkering to diesel wrenching. And being out at our farms.. Also enjoy the smell of fuel, cutting wood, whether firewood or clearing, to having some good slabs made up timber from my own property. I cut my pops wood too and work on his little farm. Also very Glad to be here! But enough about me!
I've been a lurker here for quite some time. Social media isn't a regular thing for me. But all of the best tips and tricks on modding my saws have been from reading things here on AS. So I do very much appreciate y'all and your vast knowledge on saws!.... Just sayin'.
Anyway, I've always run stihl because that's what everyone pushes around here. By everyone I mean the 4 actual pro OPE dealers within 100 mile radius. (That I know of) no love for Echo unfortunately outside of orcheln's who carry 5 models of smaller saws. And Lauf equipment who is an "echo dealer" and stihl dealer. Want to guess why they have no Echo's anywhere in sight? Anyway, my beloved ms361 was stolen recently, so I've been trying to make due with the old 029 handed down to me like 15 years ago. The oiler on the 029 is failing again, I don't care to replace it again until I have plenty of spare time. I just dislike working on the clamshell saws. And the 029 isn't "cutting it" power wise. So I'm looking into buying a new saw. An old buddy of mine from back in the military and I meet up every year for the beginning of bow season. He has a CS620P and it outcut my 361 pretty badly a few years back. Stock to stock. And feels great! We never ran it against the 361 after I ported it last year but I'm betting they would be pretty close mm'd to ported. I could be wrong. Anyway, I handled that 620p again recently when we got together and decided I want one to replace my thefted 361. I do like the ms362cm but not the price tag! It could very well be the better saw for some....Regardless, the dealers here aren't pro mechanics in my opinion.. They can't even seem to sharpen a chain correctly. So I don't think buying a new computerized stihl and having anyone work on it need be will be beneficial. I do all of my own work. And want to continue that. The 620p or maybe the 620Pw even, seems to be the best bang for the $ with the features and power I am looking for. I'd considered a 590, but I'm really looking for the extra "overbuild" quality that 620 has. Not that it wouldn't be plenty. Just, in my head knowing I will do some work on whatever saw I get eventually, the 620 is worth the extra couple of bills I believe. I have been looking at used saws, but anything I see worth paying for is so over priced, that it ain't worth paying for. It is the wrong time of year to need a good used saw I suppose. I was also looking at dolmar 6100's and 6400's online. Again zero dealer network for those or makita here either. Small network for husqvarna and I do run husky weadeaters. But the saw prices are equivalent to stihl if I'm going to get a good pro saw. I have handled the 620 atleast and gave it a pretty good look over. So I know I enjoy that one for sure. For as much as he has ran that saw, the cylinder and piston are absolutely beautiful. And the internal clutch is also Beautiful! Overall a simple, but great saw it seems. He's had his for several years, and he halfway takes care of it in my opinion. I can't believe he's never had an issue with it once. Anyhow.....I was just curious before I buy online or make a few hundred mile drive, if anyone on here is a dealer? And would be interested in working with me on a new saw? Thought I'd ask anyway. Seems there's been some good sales on echos lately online. But if I can support a trusted individual/small business that stays in touch with people in a community such as this one, that's the route I'd like to take. Or even a recommended online dealer.
Well that's about it for now. Sorry for so much reading material. I'm sure reading a newbs post is what everyone likes to do!
I do thank y'all for any advice or direction in advance though. Take care! Safe cutting!
And p.s. I will get an avatar, signature, and start trying to post frequently now that I popped this AS cherry. Posts won't be this long again either.
Thanks again!
-David

I know this thread is very old, and this is also my first post.
So I'll go ahead and introduce myself too...
Name's David, I'm in MID(dle of nowhere) MO and own a Construction Co. I have a beautiful wife, and 7 year old daughter, we live in a wood heated earth contact on 15 acres of wooded heaven. Have 2 wood heated shops I enjoy being in when I can. Enjoy woodworking, building anything and everything, enjoy building and fireing things that go bang, enjoy small engine tinkering to diesel wrenching. And being out at our farms.. Also enjoy the smell of fuel, cutting wood, whether firewood or clearing, to having some good slabs made up timber from my own property. I cut my pops wood too and work on his little farm. Also very Glad to be here! But enough about me!
I've been a lurker here for quite some time. Social media isn't a regular thing for me. But all of the best tips and tricks on modding my saws have been from reading things here on AS. So I do very much appreciate y'all and your vast knowledge on saws!.... Just sayin'.
Anyway, I've always run stihl because that's what everyone pushes around here. By everyone I mean the 4 actual pro *** dealers within 100 mile radius. (That I know of) no love for Echo unfortunately outside of orcheln's who carry 5 models of smaller saws. And Lauf equipment who is an "echo dealer" and stihl dealer. Want to guess why they have no Echo's anywhere in sight? Anyway, my beloved ms361 was stolen recently, so I've been trying to make due with the old 029 handed down to me like 15 years ago. The oiler on the 029 is failing again, I don't care to replace it again until I have plenty of spare time. I just dislike working on the clamshell saws. And the 029 isn't "cutting it" power wise. So I'm looking into buying a new saw. An old buddy of mine from back in the military and I meet up every year for the beginning of bow season. He has a CS620P and it outcut my 361 pretty badly a few years back. Stock to stock. And feels great! We never ran it against the 361 after I ported it last year but I'm betting they would be pretty close mm'd to ported. I could be wrong. Anyway, I handled that 620p again recently when we got together and decided I want one to replace my thefted 361. I do like the ms362cm but not the price tag! It could very well be the better saw for some....Regardless, the dealers here aren't pro mechanics in my opinion.. They can't even seem to sharpen a chain correctly. So I don't think buying a new computerized stihl and having anyone work on it need be will be beneficial. I do all of my own work. And want to continue that. The 620p or maybe the 620Pw even, seems to be the best bang for the $ with the features and power I am looking for. I'd considered a 590, but I'm really looking for the extra "overbuild" quality that 620 has. Not that it wouldn't be plenty. Just, in my head knowing I will do some work on whatever saw I get eventually, the 620 is worth the extra couple of bills I believe. I have been looking at used saws, but anything I see worth paying for is so over priced, that it ain't worth paying for. It is the wrong time of year to need a good used saw I suppose. I was also looking at dolmar 6100's and 6400's online. Again zero dealer network for those or makita here either. Small network for husqvarna and I do run husky weadeaters. But the saw prices are equivalent to stihl if I'm going to get a good pro saw. I have handled the 620 atleast and gave it a pretty good look over. So I know I enjoy that one for sure. For as much as he has ran that saw, the cylinder and piston are absolutely beautiful. And the internal clutch is also Beautiful! Overall a simple, but great saw it seems. He's had his for several years, and he halfway takes care of it in my opinion. I can't believe he's never had an issue with it once. Anyhow.....I was just curious before I buy online or make a few hundred mile drive, if anyone on here is a dealer? And would be interested in working with me on a new saw? Thought I'd ask anyway. Seems there's been some good sales on echos lately online. But if I can support a trusted individual/small business that stays in touch with people in a community such as this one, that's the route I'd like to take. Or even a recommended online dealer.
Well that's about it for now. Sorry for so much reading material. I'm sure reading a newbs post is what everyone likes to do!
I do thank y'all for any advice or direction in advance though. Take care! Safe cutting!
And p.s. I will get an avatar, signature, and start trying to post frequently now that I popped this AS cherry. Posts won't be this long again either.
Thanks again!
-David

David,

First off welcome! Some guys here are echo dealers and can help you out... I work at an Echo dealer now and can get one for you also but after shipping it may still be less then MSRP and register it in your name. If you are out of state I believe we do not have to charge tax too.

I think the 620 is a great way to go if you can afford it. They 590 is also a very reliable saw, like anything do proper maintenance and it will live a long life. I have a CS 600 that’s near 9 years old and cut thousands of oaks and still living a great life!

Let me know if ou have any questions and welcome!

Reed

Hey bge541 I got a question. I’m trying to decide for a companion for my cs-303t. I thinking the 355t but I like the cs-271t. Does the 271t compare in power to my current top handle or less. It’s tough choice cause either one will have the power I need but no dealers near me have run either one

Hey bge541 I got a question. I’m trying to decide for a companion for my cs-303t. I thinking the 355t but I like the cs-271t. Does the 271t compare in power to my current top handle or less. It’s tough choice cause either one will have the power I need but no dealers near me have run either one

The 271 will be the closest to what you have now due to more built in ignition curve and improved cyl design but the 355 is a animal for a TH and really wakes up after about 8 tanks and a muffler mod does good too. Try one out and if you want more/less you have 3 days to bring it back... if I had to have one it’d be the 355.

Lemme know what you decide and what you think of them!

Reed

Latest posts

Back