'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P&C on the 590, 600, 620 are interchangeable as far as I know. 590 and 600 are the same P&C but with different carbs. 620 has a different carb to and IIRC has the largest venturi of the 3. Not sure about coils. I will check next time I have free time.

The 3/4 wrap on these are really nice and comfortable
Wonder whether the 550p could get a bolt on 620p cylinder. My 550p looks very close to the 590 in size and chassis. No big problem if it don't the 550p runs well off the shelf as most echoes do. Do you know how much the 3/4 wraps are and whether the 550p will accept one?

Pretty sure the 550 is a different chassis. Typical wrap handle pricing...around $100 for everything you need to install it. Echo has to many models that are similar. 590, 600p, 620p, 620pw are all the same chassis. The straight 600 is different.....like really different. I don't think there is a single piece that is the same as the 590/600p/620p

The tree is sitting on about 3 feet of its own limbs... so no dirt, the 620 feels and handles great.
Looks like starting at 0:15 you got the tip of the bar into the dirt. Done that a time or two myself.

I sure like those mid-size Echos.

Make sure, if you can, open the gasket and port on your muffler to match the size of the exhaust port... with the higher compression and a little better flow it may really wake up.

Go easy with the Derko around the impulse port... make sure to re torque the allens after you run it the first time.
You MAY be able to cut the washer off from around your spark plug to get a little more volume into the chamber but make sure you check before trying to light her off...

Keep us posted!

Ahhh very sneaky sir thank you I will definitely port match it and look into the spark plug. I think we will run them mid week. Need some time to let the gasket maker set up.

So Derko says no start up for 30 min minimum and 24 hours full cure time but honestly if I pull the gasket/clean/apply Derko to the Cylinder base then re install, by the time I get it together, port match/mess with the muffler and get it together it is good to go... Done this on a few saws now and none have let me down!

Mike I will grab some pictures tomorrow~ Hope the wood work went well.

The 590/600's like base gasket deletes.still a little too much squish even with it removed but much much better.
Also helps with the over weight problem that troll talks about the base gasket is made out of lead.......when you remove it that takes care of the weight problem AND the problem of not having any power.:laughing:

Jughead500 that's good info it all makes sense now lol. I read alot on this forum before I joined and and noticed you are a big proponent of these saws I was hoping you would join in on this topic

Yeap I'm pretty well hooked on my 600p.I'm hoping to get set back up with the local machine shop to mill my squish on cylinders and try my hand at porting before long.of course it will only be a winter time hobby.anyway the echo will be one of my first victims.

Let us know how it goes. I need to do some more research and do a practice run on an old saw before I try my hand at that. I know it's possible to mess on up pretty quick. Of course that could be another reason to buy a 620 p&c if I try it on the 590 first.

Yes you can use things other then derko but ifn you did make it Yamabond, Hondabond, or threebond.... you really don't need much...

Make sure when you port your 590 you bevel your ports to not get a ring cought... ill try and find a link but i got this cheap chinese set of grinding bits thatbfit a dremel but are long enough to reach the port. Its nice because it comes with different shaped bits as well.

Latest posts

Back