'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Husky I've run with a nice power band is my 385xp, the rest you better keep the RPM's up high and if you push them they fall flat fast. Steve

This is exactly what I was talking about above with my cousins 372. As soon as he pushed it too much, it stalled. But like I said, maybe it was just his saw.

The other thing he liked was the inboard clutch on the Echo's. When we cut wood around here, we have to travel a fair distance and packing the trailer tight is important. We cut and load the rounds but quite often we have to noodle a round to fill a gap. That outboard on his 372 plugs up in short order. The inboard on the 600 series Echo's handles such a job with ease.

Here's a pic of our 16' trailer loaded with Red Fir earlier this week:

Attachments

• thumbnail_20160519_172054.jpg
    thumbnail_20160519_172054.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 37
My brother had a ported and muff modded 600P and my stock 371 would easily out cut it.

In The Hills

There is no chance of a stock 371/372 out cutting my MMWS 600p...with any size bar. Your brother had the wrong guy port his saw:).

This is exactly what I was talking about above with my cousins 372. As soon as he pushed it too much, it stalled. But like I said, maybe it was just his saw.

The other thing he liked was the inboard clutch on the Echo's. When we cut wood around here, we have to travel a fair distance and packing the trailer tight is important. We cut and load the rounds but quite often we have to noodle a round to fill a gap. That outboard on his 372 plugs up in short order. The inboard on the 600 series Echo's handles such a job with ease.

Here's a pic of our 16' trailer loaded with Red Fir earlier this week:

The 372 has an inboard clutch man. You're not really creating a sense of credibility when it pertains to the 372.

Look I like these Echo's quite a lot, but they are in no way on the same level as a 372. Ported they may out cut a stock 372, but I wouldn't say buy a large amount, and surely not in larger wood. There is no replacement for displacement.

The 372 has an inboard clutch man. You're not really creating a sense of credibility when it pertains to the 372.

Look I like these Echo's quite a lot, but they are in no way on the same level as a 372. Ported they may out cut a stock, but I wouldn't say buy a large amount. There is no replacement for displacement.

I don't own or operate a 372. But I could have swore he told me it had an outboard clutch. I know one thing, I watched it plug up time after time with my own eyes as he tried to noodle with it. So you're telling me a 372 with an inboard can't noodle? Why is that?

BTW: Sorry if I stated something that wasn't true. A person makes a mistake and they have credibility issues? Wow.

I don't own or operate a 372. But I could have swore he told me it had an outboard clutch. I know one thing, I watched it plug up time after time with my own eyes as he tried to noodle with it. So you're telling me a 372 with an inboard can't noodle? Why is that?

BTW: Sorry if I stated something that wasn't true. A person makes a mistake and they have credibility issues? Wow.
Does his 372 have a wrap handle? If so that's the reason its not ideal for noodling... Time to get out the maul and possibly a wedge.

I don't own or operate a 372. But I could have swore he told me it had an outboard clutch. I know one thing, I watched it plug up time after time with my own eyes as he tried to noodle with it. So your telling me a 372 with an inboard can't noodle?

Noodles clogging has more to do with the design and clearance of the area above and behind the sprocket, as well as the users cutting technique. It has little to do with the saw having an inboard or outboard clutch.

You seem to have a very strong opinion about something you admittedly have little experience with. So yes you have little credibility when it pertains to the 372. I've owned a 372 for over 10 years now, it's a superior product in most every way. This is not to put down the Echo's, I think they're awesome saws, just not on the same level as many pro saws from other manufactures. Price and simplicity is the big selling point for these Echo's.

Noodles clogging has more to do with the design and clearance of the area above and behind the sprocket, as well as the users cutting technique. It has little to do with the saw having an inboard or outboard clutch.

You seem to have a very strong opinion about something you admittedly have little experience with. So yes you have little credibility when it pertains to the 372. I've owned a 372 for over 10 years now, it's a superior product in most every way. This is not to put down the Echo's in any way, I think they're awesome saws, just not on the same level as many pro saws from other manufactures. Price and simplicity is the selling point for these Echo's.

LOL...well you can keep your "superior" 372xp. Maybe those brilliant engineers over at Husky could call the engineers at Echo and learn how to design a saw that can noodle. It isn't important to everyone but it's important to us in this part of the country.

Does his 372 have a wrap handle? If so that's the reason its not ideal for noodling... Time to get out the maul and possibly a wedge.

His saw doesn't have a wrap handle (not sure why that would make a difference). The Red Fir we were cutting were all wind blown and still had a lot of moisture. So using a maul and wedge would have been a lot of work:(.

LOL...well you can keep your "superior" 372xp. Maybe those brilliant engineers over at Husky could call the engineers at Echo and learn how to design a saw that can noodle. It isn't important to everyone but it's important to us in this part of the country.

I noodle quite a bit myself, some saws are better than others, how you cut plays into it, as well as chain. Sorry I'm telling it as it is, and not how you want it to be. Really there's no need to be so defensive, after all we're discussing chainsaws, not religion or politics lol. I've also backed these 60cc Echo saws as much as anyone, great saws!! but not the end all be all.

Take care.

Andre.

Here a muff modded CS590 running against a ported 361 Stihl, I'd think a ported 361 should run close to a stock 372 or why bother porting it. For sure a good running 372 with a good operator that keeps it that narrow powerband might be a bit faster but not much. If I go out cutting firewood the CS600p will be used just due to the lighter weight and better handling. Steve

I don't know much about Husky's but watching Mitch Weber run one (ported?), it appears the 372xp is a plugging machine. This "superior" machine seems to be a poor design when it comes to noodling:

Now let's watch Reed run his crappy Echo (just a MM & Tune) with a 27" bar:

I'll take the crappy Echo any day.

Here a muff modded CS590 running against a ported 361 Stihl, I'd think a ported 361 should run close to a stock 372 or why bother porting it. For sure a good running 372 with a good operator that keeps it that narrow powerband might be a bit faster but not much. If I go out cutting firewood the CS600p will be used just due to the lighter weight and better handling. Steve

I'm pretty sure that is @Andyshine77 video.

$hit I didn't mean to start a pissing contest in here:omg:

I definitely think both are very good saws, can't speak for build quality yet since my 590 is only a few weeks old, but besides the handle being composite it appears to be made at least as well as my husqvarna 51. I like both brands and think they make good saws. I love stihls too but the price is just crazy on some of them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You didn't start a pissing contest Big Block and I kinda owe you an apology. Anytime a guy gets a new saw it's a happy occasion and the last thing you want to see is someone bashing on it. I'm happy for you and your new addition. Fact is, I bid on a ported 372 on this site back in the winter but didn't get it. Going back and reading my posts, it wasn't very considerate of me and I want to extend a hand shake to you.

I'm not sure what the deal was/is with my cousins stock 372. It seems to run good, with good rpms and throttle response but falls on it's face when he gets a heavy hand. In the same log, my Echo's didn't stall with him cutting with them the same way. It's definitely not scientific so people should take that for what it's worth. He (like me) is just an average firewood cutter so maybe it's more operator error than anything. The noodling thing bothers me quite a bit. His saw plugged up worse than in Mitch's video above.

You didn't start a pissing contest Big Block and I kinda owe you an apology. Anytime a guy gets a new saw it's a happy occasion and the last thing you want to see is someone bashing on it. I'm happy for you and your new addition. Fact is, I bid on a ported 372 on this site back in the winter but didn't get it. Going back and reading my posts, it wasn't very considerate of me and I want to extend a hand shake to you.

I'm not sure what the deal was/is with my cousins stock 372. It seems to run good, with good rpms and throttle response but falls on it's face when he gets a heavy hand. In the same log, my Echo's didn't stall with him cutting with them the same way. It's definitely not scientific so people should take that for what it's worth. He (like me) is just an average firewood cutter so maybe it's more operator error than anything. The noodling thing bothers me quite a bit. His saw plugged up worse than in Mitch's video above.
:cheers:

From what I have seen on videos, the 60cc Echos do a good job of noodling. I have only run a 590, but I was crosscutting the log rather than noodling. The 65-70cc Husky/Jonsered saws noodle better with a wide discharge clutch cover than they do with a standard clutch cover in my experience. If a particular saw model clogs a lot noodling, changing the angle of the saw can help some. The type of chain catcher a saw has on it can affect the ability to noodle with a saw as well. The roller chain catcher usually provides more room for noodles to clear.

Back