'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have seen on videos, the 60cc Echos do a good job of noodling. I have only run a 590, but I was crosscutting the log rather than noodling. The 65-70cc Husky/Jonsered saws noodle better with a wide discharge clutch cover than they do with a standard clutch cover in my experience. If a particular saw model clogs a lot noodling, changing the angle of the saw can help some. The type of chain catcher a saw has on it can affect the ability to noodle with a saw as well. The roller chain catcher usually provides more room for noodles to clear.
Exactly.

From what I have seen on videos, the 60cc Echos do a good job of noodling. I have only run a 590, but I was crosscutting the log rather than noodling. The 65-70cc Husky/Jonsered saws noodle better with a wide discharge clutch cover than they do with a standard clutch cover in my experience. If a particular saw model clogs a lot noodling, changing the angle of the saw can help some. The type of chain catcher a saw has on it can affect the ability to noodle with a saw as well. The roller chain catcher usually provides more room for noodles to clear.
My 590 will out noodle my 044 because the 590 has a larger discharge versus the small 044 cover. I know the 372 was being compared but I don't own one so I can't give an opinion on it. I do know if I really needed a 70cc I would sell the 044 and 590 and buy a new 372.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Here a muff modded CS590 running against a ported 361 Stihl, I'd think a ported 361 should run close to a stock 372 or why bother porting it. For sure a good running 372 with a good operator that keeps it that narrow powerband might be a bit faster but not much. If I go out cutting firewood the CS600p will be used just due to the lighter weight and better handling. Steve

We ran that very 361 against a Dolmar 6400 and it was just ahead of it. For those that say you can have a 60cc ported and it will be just like a 70cc saw, in my experience just doesn't equate in the real world, it's a pipe dream IMHO. In super hard Hickory that 361 was well behind a couple stock, but MM 70cc saws. Even the dyno results showed this very 361 has more power than any stock 70cc saw, but that didn't translate into the real world. My guess is that dyno isn't calibrated correctly.

Again sound, smoothness and so on all play a role in how a saw feels when it comes to power delivery, and it can fool the best of us. The 372 is not a saw that falls on it's face, even if it feels/sounds like it does.

My 590 will out noodle my 044 because the 590 has a larger discharge versus the small 044 cover. I know the 372 was being compared but I don't own one so I can't give an opinion on it. I do know if I really needed a 70cc I would sell the 044 and 590 and buy a new 372.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Most saws don't noodle well, it's rare when they do, and the older the saw the worse it gets. When available the larger clutch covers help a lot.

I still wish I could get a 620 pw. I think they are neat saws and sound good too! Lol

Back