'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muffler mod...

Attachments

• 692DDF00-286C-4764-858D-77CF751936F1.jpeg
    692DDF00-286C-4764-858D-77CF751936F1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 0A64D5B2-87FD-4F16-9A9F-22E7D2D3CA3B.jpeg
    0A64D5B2-87FD-4F16-9A9F-22E7D2D3CA3B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • F7DAE525-0790-4B34-8929-308F1754D47A.jpeg
    F7DAE525-0790-4B34-8929-308F1754D47A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 5ADCA898-1CDE-4CF9-B9C1-C7E236C1B049.jpeg
    5ADCA898-1CDE-4CF9-B9C1-C7E236C1B049.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Hey guys have y’all found any ways to modify the Oiler on the 620 mine just don’t really sute me it’s better then my 391 was but with the Oiler wide open I’m still gettin chain stretch like crazy and to get a “wet chain” I’m having to piss rev the crap out of it in between cuts iv changed oils and still not any better I mean I know I’m used to old saws that oil like crazy but I just don’t understand iv got 24” bar and there no way it would oil 27 that I can get for it the chain would be stretched all t he way before it was done sharpening and that’s almost what the 24 is now thanks guys in advance

Hey guys have y’all found any ways to modify the Oiler on the 620 mine just don’t really sute me it’s better then my 391 was but with the Oiler wide open I’m still gettin chain stretch like crazy and to get a “wet chain” I’m having to piss rev the crap out of it in between cuts iv changed oils and still not any better I mean I know I’m used to old saws that oil like crazy but I just don’t understand iv got 24” bar and there no way it would oil 27 that I can get for it the chain would be stretched all t he way before it was done sharpening and that’s almost what the 24 is now thanks guys in advance

Well the oiler is designed to only put out oil when the clutch is engaged so that may explain why you aren’t seeing any inbetween cuts. I’ve run 27s on mine and never had an oil issue... I have an extra I’ll see what I can do to have it put out more.

590's oil a 24" bar just fine. You shouldn't need to modify the pump.
With the oiler turned up all the way my 590 uses fuel and bar oil tank for tank.

When your saw runs out of fuel how much bar oil is left?
Is your bar grove clean and clear or wood chips?
If you pull the bar and chain off and start the saw and rev it a little does there seem to be a fair amount of oil coming out?

590's oil a 24" bar just fine. You shouldn't need to modify the pump.
With the oiler turned up all the way my 590 uses fuel and bar oil tank for tank.

When your saw runs out of fuel how much bar oil is left?
Is your bar grove clean and clear or wood chips?
If you pull the bar and chain off and start the saw and rev it a little does there seem to be a fair amount of oil coming out?
Yea I clean my saws after every use tear down clean bar dress bar as needed it does come out with bar off but takes forever at half throttle to see any my thing is by the time the oil gets to the chain its already stretched it was cold today but I warmed it up good before cutting and I sharpen my chain everytime I clean my saws so it’s not a dull chain issue either

Well the oiler is designed to only put out oil when the clutch is engaged so that may explain why you aren’t seeing any inbetween cuts. I’ve run 27s on mine and never had an oil issue... I have an extra I’ll see what I can do to have it put out more.
Yea that would be cool I know the Stihl 044 and 441 you can modify to get more oil or even order high output oilers for them I know I’m used to old saws I just don’t understand why new ones don’t or can’t oiled like that you can run a old saw until the tank is dry and fill it up and still not have to tighten the chain hardly at all but these new saws seem like you can’t get a tank through them before your chain is stretched to far to run it and I run my chains looser then the next guy from the start I don’t like my snug on the bar is that what’s wrong I hate havin so much power but not puttin enough oil put to use it

Yea I clean my saws after every use tear down clean bar dress bar as needed it does come out with bar off but takes forever at half throttle to see any my thing is by the time the oil gets to the chain its already stretched it was cold today but I warmed it up good before cutting and I sharpen my chain everytime I clean my saws so it’s not a dull chain issue either
Maybe your bar oil holes are plugged up. I get that every winter when I’m working so I check it when it’s time to sharpen. It’s hard to tell but once your case gets heated up from the engine running the oil should poor out like it’s summer

Maybe your bar oil holes are plugged up. I get that every winter when I’m working so I check it when it’s time to sharpen. It’s hard to tell but once your case gets heated up from the engine running the oil should poor out like it’s summer
I had just cleaned the bar grove holes and all from the last time I used it I actually drilled the angle hole out straight in the bar to I hate that epa design on bars now it may be for some people but def not me Stihl bars are the same I do the same thing to them to but idk I always used itasca bar oil it was cheap but it was thick and tacky better then Stihl brand in my opinion but the last jug I got wasn’t the same so I switched iv been using husky and echo brand bar oil I never have any problems with my Stihl 026 at all piling unless it was the normal stuff plugged holes ect but as mentioned before those saws oil when there idling this new stuff don’t that’s what I’d like to change but idk if there a way you can I hate the piss Reving crap just to keep from stretching chain

I have a CS-590, 600P and 620PW here and all of them put out PLENTY of oil and not even set to full capacity with the adjustment screw. I suspect other issues if you are finding the bar is drying up in the cut and you have to free-rev the saw in between cuts to get enough oil on the bar/chain for reliable function.

As far as chains stretching, all of them will the first couple of times you use the saw, then they pretty much "set" and afterwards will only need periodical adjustments, maybe every half a dozen tanks of fuel or so.

Not enough oil getting to the bar/chain typically causing them to seize up in the cut, smoking heavily, turning blue or black, etc...........Cliff

I have a CS-590, 600P and 620PW here and all of them put out PLENTY of oil and not even set to full capacity with the adjustment screw. I suspect other issues if you are finding the bar is drying up in the cut and you have to free-rev the saw in between cuts to get enough oil on the bar/chain for reliable function.

As far as chains stretching, all of them will the first couple of times you use the saw, then they pretty much "set" and afterwards will only need periodical adjustments, maybe every half a dozen tanks of fuel or so.

Not enough oil getting to the bar/chain typically causing them to seize up in the cut, smoking heavily, turning blue or black, etc...........Cliff
What size bars you runnin

Anywhere from 20 to 28". I use large mount Husqvarna bars in addition to the OEM Echo bars, no oiling issues with any of them. I just make bar stud spacers for them out of 3/8" steel tubing, takes about as long as it took me to type this to make a pair......Cliff
iv been trying to get adapters to run Stihl bars haven’t had any luck yet but if it don’t oil good with the bar it came with it’s not gonna change with a Stihl bar I just have a bunch of Stihl bar and chains that I want to use on this one as far as a new chain goes I always pre lube a new chain with bar oil to try and prevent excessive stretch haven’t had any luck with this one tho like I said I cleaned it sharpened it and cleaned everything on the bar the last time I used it took it to my brother in-laws yesterday to cut a snag down and stump I made prob 6 cuts total cut like crazy but the chain was dry as a bone and hanging off I run saws almost every day at work and if not at work I run them personal use I’m not a logger but buck a lot of logs we take to the mill for side boards I know the usual stuff but mine ain’t oiling right plan and simple I warmed it up good cause it was below freezing yesterday idk what the deal is it’s under warranty so I may go that route but if I could modify the Oiler like you can on some other saws I’d go that route cause it has the power to pull longer bars with just a little work and I can sharpen a chain so I know it can handle it but the Oiler won’t

To date I haven't seen or heard of any oiling issues with that series of saws. I've set up and sold quite a few of them, a couple are being used in commercial applications with zero issues now for quite a few years. Between my self, my brother and my nephew we run 5 of them and cut upwards of 100 cords a year and all are flawless in every area.

I even used my CS-590 recently to cross-cut the huge Beech tree in the pic to make the pieces more manageable to the splitter. Took a few tanks a few but it never grumbled once and put PLENTY of oil on the bar the entire time.

My guess is that you have a fundamental problem with the oil supply to the pump or the pump itself.........Cliff

IMG_1177.jpg

To date I haven't seen or heard of any oiling issues with that series of saws. I've set up and sold quite a few of them, a couple are being used in commercial applications with zero issues now for quite a few years. Between my self, my brother and my nephew we run 5 of them and cut upwards of 100 cords a year and all are flawless in every area.

I even used my CS-590 recently to cross-cut the huge Beech tree in the pic to make the pieces more manageable to the splitter. Took a few tanks a few but it never grumbled once and put PLENTY of oil on the bar the entire time.

My guess is that you have a fundamental problem with the oil supply to the pump or the pump itself.........Cliff

View attachment 791999
Alright that was gonna be my next thing to look at thanks guys

Hey guys just curious if I sold it how much would a almost peach condition would a all original 041 Stihl be worth I rebuilt the carb and put new old stock oil pump in it I just can’t get the carb set right it may just need a new one it may just need a new h speed or L speed needle Idk!!

Ps I know this is echo thread but you guys seem to know your stuff and ain’t buttholes about it

Hey guys has anybody heard from Ford F-150 we had sent a few messages back and forth about some bar adapters and I haven’t heard from him since I just didn’t want them to get lost In the mail and him not get his money thanks guys

Hey guys has anybody heard from Ford F-150 we had sent a few messages back and forth about some bar adapters and I haven’t heard from him since I just didn’t want them to get lost In the mail and him not get his money thanks guys
@Dahmer you know anything.

Glad you like it! Yeah the 730x should be here in the next 6/7 months and have 25/30% more power then a 620p. Looks like the carb it low in the saw with some HD air filter.

Yes I posted it a few days ago I really need to make some room but I like it, good saw great numbers and balances well.
Ok. Talked to my echo dealer. Doug’s outdoor power equipment, Blaine, mn

they haven’t gotten any info on the new echo 7310 yet. I had a conversation and it’s still in experiential stage in Europe. No specific info was given but the echo rep said it’ll be available maybe in 2021 at earliest. BGE41. I bet you know more about than anyone. I’ll keep trying to get more info but I think my best bet is checking out the Husqvarna 572xp or a used stihl ms 460 or Husqvarna 372xp If I the echo isn’t available. Let me know if you got any info on that echo saw. I’ll certainly buy one if you get one in stock.

Back