1557 cold air return setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fontainr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently installed a 1557 furnace (stand alone setup), and its been working great. I now need to install a cold air filter box, I found this product (see link)

http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=UFB908

anybody use this setup before? Does this screw directly into the back of the furnace? Are there cutout for the wires from the blowers to the junction box? I'm assuming I then will cutout an area in this box to run some duct work away from the furnace to draw.. Any advice is appreciated.

Dad and I have the same stove. I bought him that box and I made one. That box bolts onto the back of the stove. The filter for it is on the backside. so if you want to hook the cold air return up to it you will have to have another box go over the back of that box with something hooked up to your cold air line. In a nutshell aslong as you have plenty of room behind your stove then your ok. Mine is close to the wall so I couldn't use it. Dad can use it but it just going to let it filter the air from the room. I can post some pics later of my setup.

There are cutouts for the wires. If you cutout anywhere on this box then you are going to bypass the filter since it is on the back of the box.

I recently installed a 1557 furnace (stand alone setup), and its been working great. I now need to install a cold air filter box, I found this product (see link)

http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=UFB908

anybody use this setup before? Does this screw directly into the back of the furnace? Are there cutout for the wires from the blowers to the junction box? I'm assuming I then will cutout an area in this box to run some duct work away from the furnace to draw.. Any advice is appreciated.

yes,yes I have 2- 8 in. coming back to the cold air

have the same thing on my ashley 24af stove, just took and put a piece of galvanized tin from a duct on the filter side,and cut a hole in the 1 side for the duct, then used a adapter for putting it into a duct,ran the return in the unused duct. if you need a pic,give me a day or so to get a few,.

it screws to the side of the furnace with screws,and there is a spot for the wires to come out with very little trouble.the picture they have is the filter end of the box with the oposite end you cant see screws to the furnace.

Last edited:
Back