• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 18 hp DR chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a good home.
It has one issue, and one draw back.
It is apparently not charging the battery.
Had trouble starting it after sitting for several months.
Shop cleaned carburetor and tank, and said it is not charging.
Would have been nice to know before picking it up at the shop. I was a bit put off by this late info, and him not calling and asking if I wanted that issue addressed, so I just brought it home.
It now has Recreational gas in it, and Mobil 1.
I put new knives in it when I bought it, but found it didn't really need them. I believe I am the third owner. The previous owner did a project and sold it when finished, same as me. New gas tank. Old one weeped along a seam if over half full, and I kept the chipper in a heated garage. New tank.
Good simple, efficient machine. Custom yellow battery tie-down strap.
I have chipped Poplar, Oak, Maple, Sassafras, Pine. Mostly Poplar. It does not like Sassafras for some reason. It gobbles the others and spits them out. I did about 2"-2 1/2" max., and cut up anything larger and hauled with ATV trailer. Poplar twigs are stiff and branch at 90*, so sometimes shorter ones are difficult to bend into feed shoot. If the species your chipping branches off the limbs with some flex, it self feeds surprisingly well.
Draw back: No directional chip chute, and one is not available from DR for this machine. It shoots chips 20' out the back.
If I still have it this winter, after firewood processing and deliveries are done, I'll find someone else to look at the charging system.
Towing: It is small, no suspension, and low speed hubs, so not recommended. I pulled it with a quad in the wood lot.
$900. firmIMG_1997.jpg

Back