1953 Choremaster 3B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Neat old saw. It's missing the air filter and cover, but the guy I got it from says it's in his barn SOMEWHERE! :dizzy:
It's really a Clinton, but marketed, and maybe assembled by Weber Engineered Products, of Cincinnatti, OH.

Cool feature is to rotate the bar 90 degrees to make a horizontal cut, the carb and fuel tank rotate! I think McC had the better idea to just rotate the bar at the gearcase.

Anyhow, it has a 3:1 Gilmer (toothed) belt drive, and 1/2" chain. Runs like a champ, but with an open megaphone exhaust, it's LOUD! (whaaaa?)

DSCF2645.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

Thanks, guys. It was really an easy restoration. I sprayed it all with spray cans on my sidewalk, but it turned out nice. Replated most of the screws, the buck spike, and the handle release lever with the Eastwood zinc plating kit.

I just saw that things brother this morning on the Battle Creek MI CL for 50$!!! Spitting image, save for nice paint job.mailto:[email protected]?subject=Vintage%20chainsaw%20Clinton%20-%20%2450%20(Bath)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flansing.craigslist.org%2Ftls%2F1734613933.html%0A

Great job, JJuday

Latest posts

Back