1960's Simplicity walk behind tractor worth getting for $75

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon owenby

Pugsley
Reaction score
I've come across a Simplicity walk behind tractor with the front attachment for cutting grass or Tall Grass looks like what they cut down corn with engine turns over freely enough has surface rust but nothing beyond that even the throttle cable works very well needs one tire. It has the 8 horsepower engine on it. I know that's little information to go on but was hoping someone might be able to let me know if it's worth buying for for 75 box I thought it be a shame to see it crushed especially that how good of condition it is in. If anyone has any feedback please let me know

Ran one of those for years. tons of power. Made a sulky for it and was pulling a six gang reel system behind that. Like the Gravely system there were front rotary mowers, or a reel type, plow blade for front, sickle style for heavy vegetation, tiller, single plow for rear and likely a couple others that I do not remember. Belt drive for implements ( Gravely was pto). I was plowing out the drive one time , backing up, slipped and got pinned between the handlebars and against a 6ft snow bank with the unit still in gear driving backwards. took a bit to get out of that one- finally managed to disengage the clutch ( belt tension ) lever with my knee. Unit does not have hand squeeze controls like nowadays. Some units had hi and low drive like mine did. I can't remember the number of forward gears. I would love to find one in good condition with the tiller, plow , & sickle bar. planetary gear drive tranny to wheels.

Wow I can only imagine how you did make it out of that situation. Just thinking about how monsterous the one I'm looking at has the sickle lawn mower attachment has the 8 HP model w from 67 I think turns over fine no significant runs just "patina" lol all parts present just needs a tire probably carb kit and a set of points assuming that it has them

Latest posts

Back