1968 chevelle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess living in the silicon valley you done see many old farm trucks pulling heavy all summer. I live where there are more cows than people and most of the farms use older trucks pre 1990.

Not being argumentative I have a Cummins and yes it nice to tow with the cruise a/c ice cold .

I bet you could upgrade your truck to outperform any new truck for much less than a new one

I actually live in pretty rural area where there's more deer than people. I live in the Santa Cruz Mtns, on the eastern side. There's quite a bit of farms and ranches in Morgan Hill where I live. Some folks still use old farm trucks, but the majority have newer turbo diesels.

As far as my truck, I put a LOT of money into it last year to get it driving like new. It's possible to get the 970 foot pounds of torque a new Ford puts out, but it wouldn't be nearly as reliable I don't think. That said, I have no interest in getting a new truck. If anything the new Mach 1 is calling my name.

A farm friend wanting more power than he was getting from his 1966 Ford f250 4x2 with the inline six swaped a 4 cylinder Perkins diesel from a old combine into the pick up.

He did the swap in the mid 1970's still owns the truck. Gets 40 MPG with it and says will haul loads as well as a newere V8.

Al

I had 2 or 3 of them
scan0042.jpg
scan0043.jpg

Latest posts

Back