1970 F350 advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick update. I talked to my friend on the phone, and he has the truck up and running, and has done some maintenance to it. My price would be $900. Right now I can't afford that. I thought $500 would be what I'd buy it for, and do whatever maintenance and other work myself as money allowed. But he wanted to do the maintenance himself, which is fine. He'll be putting it up for sale.

Kevin

Kevin,

It seems to me if you really want / need the truck maybe you can settle on a number between what you can afford now and what he is asking and work out a barter arrangement / installment plan. He is a friend after all.

Plus if by maintenance means he got it running does not mean road worthy -- brakes, fuel tanks, leaks, etc that have been written in this thread -- and perhaps use those costs to your negotiating advantage.

Perhaps after a few weeks trying to sell at his asking price - he will call you and accept your offer -- ala 3, 2-man Disston's. Patience may work in your favor.

Just my .02.

Kevin,

It seems to me if you really want / need the truck maybe you can settle on a number between what you can afford now and what he is asking and work out a barter arrangement / installment plan. He is a friend after all.

Plus if by maintenance means he got it running does not mean road worthy -- brakes, fuel tanks, leaks, etc that have been written in this thread -- and perhaps use those costs to your negotiating advantage.

Perhaps after a few weeks trying to sell at his asking price - he will call you and accept your offer -- ala 3, 2-man Disston's. Patience may work in your favor.

Just my .02.

Some good points. I'll see what happens. I believe if I'm supposed to have that truck...something will work out. If not, I'll move on.

Kevin

attachment.php

Here's picture of my '69, 390/4sp/4:10 gears, w/RV cam, headers, Performer intake and 650 Holley. Weights in at about 10,000 lbs as it sits. It's a hauler, will cruise 70 mph all day long,:lifter: pulls a local-10 mile long- 5% grade with a 3000 lb boat in tow at 70 and still has throttle left. Luv it...oooh about 6mpg can do 8 t0 10 if I soft pedal it...

Last edited:
attachment.php
Here's what I use to bring wood to staging /camp,

73 CJ5 w/Chev 409, 700R4, Dana 300 Transfer, 4:88 gears, locked up both ends, 4wh disc brakes, 33" Buckshots, warn 8000

attachment.php

Back